“Delicious”

Bei De Bouwen
Ranked #63 of 882 Restaurants in Luxembourg City
Price range: US$14 - US$23
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

The Kniddelen (dumplings) made by this little gem of a restaurant are absolutely delicious.
The staff is extremely hospitable and nice and the design reflects perfectly their image as a typical luxembourgish restaurant, you always feel like you are invited over to one of your neighbors.
It is unfortunately rare to see a pure luxembourgish retaurant nowadays, but "Bei den Bouwen" has defenitly become my personal favourite, as for nights out with friends, family or a cosy dinner with tour girlfriend.

If you want dumplings, there ain't no other place to visit than this restaurant, it's a mist.

Defenitly recommandable!

Thanks boys! Keep going..

1  Thank Paul R

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

For everyone who loves "Kniddelen", I can only recommend this restaurant.
They are so delicious! It's a lovely place, where you can enjoy to have dinner with some friends.
Very friendly and helpful staff :-)

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

I really apreciate this little restaurant full of historical background and national dishes.
I had the luck that a good friend asked me where I wanted to eat and he took me there. Bei de Bouwen. Such a historical place (i think they called it OLD CITY) and very nice to make a walk after eating.

Very friendly, very awesome dishes, all dish is plated so beautiful - i did a selfie the first time i saw it :) I m amazed.

Next time I travel and land again in Luxembourg, i'll visit it definitely again.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Supposed to have good quality typically Luxembourgish dishes, I have to say , we were completely disappointed. Quality was bad, worst than at the Schouberfouer. Kniddelen were dry and hard and the Gromperenkichelcher were the cheap frozen ones from the supermarket.
We paid 40 EUR for two dishes, that you can get for 10 EUR at the Christmas Market or the Schouberfouer.
The interior was cold and not nice. Everything looked pretty cheap.
We were disappointed.

Rafael P, Owner at Bei De Bouwen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2017

Hello,

Are you sure that you visited our restaurant, because this is simply not true.
Our Gromperekichelcher are homemade and not frozen ones from the supermarket as you can see it on the pictures. Our Kniddelen are very appreciated by most of our customers as you can see in other reviews. If something was wrong with your dishes why didn't you tell us, because we always ask our customers their opinion of the meal.
And finaly for Gromperekichelcher + Kniddelen you don't pay 40€ in our restaurant and the portions are more than double than on the Schueberfouer.
As one can see in your other reviews you never ate something good in any restaurant.

Best regards

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Wonderful little gem off the beaten path. We were welcomed into this little cafe and had a wonderful meal of the day. It was the hands down best tomato soup I have ever had. Then next came a sausage and mustard sauce entree that was so fresh and tasty. Then the final piece was a beautiful crepe with a fruit compote.

1  Thank Daniel G