“As good as they say it is ”
Review of Yamayu Santatsu

Yamayu Santatsu
Ranked #22 of 878 Restaurants in Luxembourg City
Price range: US$22 - US$51
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

I was slightly worried at the start because we were last to arrive and this place is small and crowded. But they didn't forget us and indeed the service was excellent.

The sushi and sashimi are delicious.

We will return.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Lunch time was completely crowded. Sashimi and sushi were fresh and service was prompt. My Katsudon was a little tasteless though.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Food here taste pretty close as in Japan. I had Gyudon (Beef slice on top of rice bowl). Beef is very tender, but they serve with raw egg as in Japan, so be aware of it.

1  Thank Theerapat U
Reviewed 22 March 2017

I went 3 time and I can only say that is the best Japanese I've ever tried! Fresh fish, enveloping flavor, perfect rice and smiling and solar chef, despite the heat and hectic work.Unique and unrepeatable experience. Price are proportionate to the quality. Recommended!

Reviewed 15 March 2017

I went there for dinner after seeing a Michelin recommendation sticker on the door. The outside makes this restaurant look very normal. When I finally returned, I was surprised by how full it was, just 10 minutes after reopening for dinner. The sushi is a must try (if you sit at the bar, you get to see the chef make it).

It is pricier than normal, but the quality is at such a level. The ramen was also surprisingly very good (didn't feel like it was simply from a packet). The service in general was good, but just a tad slow due to it being so busy. The chef was quite a friendly person, but I did notice him giving plenty of free sushi to two ladies sat at the bar, which made me feel wow, we are both paying customers, why the difference in treatment.

Nevertheless, a very good place. Worth trying.