“Great authentic Bengali food”
Review of Orchidee

Orchidee
Ranked #12 of 864 Restaurants in Luxembourg City
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2018

One of the best bengali food we had in a while(I am bengali).We had a green chili based chicken curry and lamb bhuna along with pilaf rice and garlic naan.It was really delicious. I cant have too spicy food and they made it just perfect for me. Service was quick and quality of food was very high.We got some free starters as well which was great. Our hostess Mrs Roy was very friendly and made us feel very welcome. I would definitely go back whenever am in Luxembourg.I will highly recommend it to anyone who wants to have authentic indian food and not just the european version of it.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

The restaurant is located in route de Thionville (Bonnevoie) and their main specialties are Bengali and Indian food (focused on the Mughlai cuisine, that combines cooking styles and recipes of Central Asia and North India). Certainly the decoration of the place is very simplistic and austere (but overall the place is very clean) , but not a major issue since the owners will make the atmosphere very good. At Orchidee the focus is clearly on food, serving high quality food at a very good price,which is the most important thing at the end of the day. I have been told that their main specialty was the chicken tikka masala (tandoor baked marinated chicken cooked in creamy tandoori sauce), so I went for it. I also had some Naan's (cheese and normal). I tried quite a few Indian restaurants in Luxembourg and this one is a special one.The chicken was just fresh and amazing, creamy, properly cooked (very tender) and with just the right touch of flavors. I felt actually really light after leaving the restaurant which usually is not always the case when eating in other places in Luxembourg. The Naan’s breads are a blast, probably one of the best you will experience in Luxembourg and so was the mango lassi we got offered, very light and refreshing. Now the second best part, the service, what can i say it was outstanding. The homely hospitality of Mr. and Mrs. Roy (the owners), will make you feel like home. They certainly know how to take care of clients. The only downside would be that is not always easy to find a parking spot, but somehow you always manage to find one around. Would recommend it to everyone who loves good quality Indian food since it is most definitely one of the best (if not the best) Indian restaurants in Luxembourg.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

This is the best Indian I have tried in Luxembourg and trust me I have been through a lot! The food was excellent and the closest quality to authentic Indian food I have found. It is slightly difficult to get to due to parking difficulties and it being a bit outside central gare but it is worth the trip. The naan is unlike any I have tried before in Luxembourg, I would highly recommend it. I had the chicken tikka masala which was also enjoyably different to the usual Luxembourgish take, the lamb was also excellent.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Quick delivery via foostix, very tasty dishes (not too spicy) but unfortunately, the food always arrives cold.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

It is a bit off the train station, but it is worth going there. The place is cosy and the food excellent. It is very clean and the service extremely nice.