“Rude and dismissive ”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

We're visiting Luxembourg explicitly to taste and buy local wine. We were recommended this place to try some. We walked in and we're ignored for 10 mins then treated cursorily, no interest at all in engaging with us. Not good.

1  Thank Colin C

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We, 3 of us, visited this place on a recommendation for a good steak. At first everything seemed ok but than it began to be annoing. Waiters took a very long time to come to us and take the order for food. We ordered some salad as starters and for later beef steaks and duck sandwich. Again, long time was required to get the first meal, more than 30 min from the point we ordered, and with several calls to waiter asking for food. I'll mention it again, it was salad!
A bit relaxed after few bites we waited for the main course. And waited and waited... it took more that 40 min to get it with constantly reminding the waiter. Medium rare steak does not have to take that long. Finally, the food was really good.
At the end I wanted some dessert and ordered. Obviously, they forgot about it so we decidec to pay and leave.
As my friend left to pay he noticed my dessert by the bar and waiter joking around. So the waiter brought to me the dessert, i was sitting outside, and said: " Here you are. Oh... i forgot the spoon. Can you eat it with the one yiu used for coffe or you want me to go inside, take another one and bring it back here?" Very professional from him.

Conlusion is that the food was good and waiters drunk and unprofessional. I do not recommend this place if you want to have a relaxed evening.

Cheers,
Zarko

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Vinoteca was recommended to me for its meat by a meat lover and being picky, I decided to give it a try. I booked a table on the terrace, and was positively surprised by the beautiful view it offered. Service was lax but friendly. The steak was of good quality, well prepared on the grill, and sides such as salad and potato with sour cream also excellent. The wine list is outstanding.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

Went here with some co-workers. Although the place was busy, the service was efficient. Sampled different Luxembourgish wines at reasonable prices, although I would have preferred a more diverse selection, all were delicious.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

The place is really nice, not Noisy like other places around, so if you are with your half, or with friends, it is a nice place to go and drink a glass of wine. I went with my wife and we were Lucky to get the last available ( not reserved) table. we took first a Bulgarian wine, really nice and affordable for Luxembourg (7 € per glass) a Pinot noir.
we took also a plateau de fromages ( 5 different cheese) and it was a nice experience. the waiter was polite, kind and always around to check if all is fine. we took a second wine ( French Cote Rotie) and it was a nice wine. Nice place.

1  Thank lyam888