“Good for on-the-go or quick meal option”
Review of Sushi Shop

Sushi Shop
Ranked #640 of 877 Restaurants in Luxembourg City
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 5 April 2017

Pros: ITS SUSHI! Huge menu, sure to please everyone. No surpises - perfect for on the go or grabbing a quick bite.
Highlight: A pretty complete menu with everything from drinks, to appetizers, sushis, salads, soups and desserts.

Cons: The rice used for the sushi rolls can sometimes be a little dry, or taste funny, the rolls are not greatly stuffed either.
Tips: They have far more options on the menu than on the fridges, do not hesitate to check the site or take a look at the menu and order for a sushiman to prepare exclusively for you

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Sushi shop's website is full of bugs, it wouldn't allow me to place an order without a dessert so, to simplify, I just ordered a dessert. But my order was then delivered without it!

I telephoned and politely asked for points or a refund to settle the matter quickly but they insisted the only possibility was to send me the dessert. It never arrived. I had to ring again and it finally arrived over one hour late.

I politely asked for a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience but they refused.

I tried to write an email to their customer service but their website bugged again and kept saying I hadn't filled in my email address (but I had).

So I tried another PC, this time their website refused to send the message because it said the order number was not recognised!

In the end I printed out my complaint and gave it to the delivery man, asking for the manager to acknowledge receipt and send me a reply via email. But I have never received any reply.

I've been ordering with you for over 8 years, it is expensive, so I do rely on you to provide an efficient and reliable service. If you make a mistake I would appreciate you making me an offer of goodwill to show me that you appreciate my business and that you want to do better. To say, mistakes happen so no we will not offer you a commercial gesture and we will ignore your attempts to contact us shows that you do not care for or respect your customers.

2  Thank SMB-Lux
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Come on, how mean should you be to allow just one salty and one sweet soy pack for a pair of customers buying a combined order of 1 lunch box and 2 sushi boxes (prepaid order made on their website, cost over 30 eur)? You have to pay extra if you want more, we were told by a rude shop worker when trying to get two more tiny packs of soy. And we had to listen to a long moral from him instead of enjoying our meal in the sun. He said soy is not given with sushi boxes, just with lunch boxes for takeway. Basically we felt like thieves. Does not make one full with desire to return. And why should you if the sushis are not so special, just your average supermarket quality?

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

On average every third order contains the wrong items. And what makes it even worse: ordered and paid items are completely missing. So a loss of 10 Euro per order happened to me more than once. The first couple of times it happened, I called and complained and they offered to add the items to the next order. But meanwhile I am just sick of unpacking the bag and not finding the ordered items that I was looking forward to eat. And it's almost impossible to check the bag on pickup if you ordered several items. That's simply not acceptable for a restaurant that's specialized in takeaway based on readily prepared bags that wait for you in the fridge. Either you pack the things in front of the customer or you pre-pack everything but then carefully check it !!!
I will not order there anymore.
And it's not a big loss as they did downsize their Sushi (Nigiri, Maki) to half the size they used to be while increasing the prices over the years.

2  Thank markius
Reviewed 16 December 2016

Order arrived 45 minutes late (90 minutes after I placed the order), I was unable to contact the shop by phone as nobody picked up. Tried several times as I was in a hurry. At one point a person picked up the phone asked me to wait and never came back. When the food arrived, I received no apology or commercial gesture.

Very disappointed. A couple of years ago I was a regular and often ordered for our whole office (up to 20 people) then the quality of the food declined.

Gave it another try. After this experience I decided never to order again and will inform all of our coworkers. The quality of the food is average, too expensive for what you get.

1  Thank PennyTerra