The Coleridge(Valletta)
Agoda.com
US$165
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgrand harboursmall liftbudget hotelthe buschurch bellsfantastic viewsview from the balconyair conditioningsteep hillold stylemaltastepsrenovation
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Great location in Valletta with views over the grand harbour.
The hotel is small so not busy like the big hotels which was nice.
Room was quite big but the decor a bit dated but nice and clean.
The only thing missing was a kettle for making a cupper.
I would use this hotel again as is in a good location for exploring Valletta and near to the small ferry to the three cities.
Staff were really really nice and friendly

Room Tip: Harbour views
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brian F
davidmontebello, Owner at British Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

thanks for your cvomments and glad our staff made you feel welcome. On a short note we do provide free kettles from reception

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Very disappointed as soon as we arrived steps to reception no accessible for wheel or push chairs.I have M.E and not happy having to use them.The lift is tiny and you wait for ages.Shock when went into our sea view room.I was so bare no kettle quits just had covers over them which just fell off when you turned over.The bedding was clean also the towels.Bathroom tiny horrible shower with plastic curtain water very hot but only manages one quick wash then pain waiting for it to heat again.We were both very ill while there with chest infections no fault of the hotels.so spent days stuck inside.It was very hard to sleep as lots of noise people using the lift and from the restaurant.We were so cold neither door fitted properly and the wind whistled through.There is lots of hills and steps to get into the town.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sallybelzonicham2017

I would like to point out that we always made it clear that we are not wheelchair friendly ...As you mentioned yourself , Valletta has lots of hills and steps so it would be good to do some research before booking where to stay..having said that, there are city cabs operating all over Valletta and for a few euro coins they can take you all over the city from the hotel . We do provide kettles from reception. With regards to the lift , I do not think 5 years is considered to be an old lift..as mentioned in your comments lots of people using the lift so one has to wait for it to arrive ..maximum 3 mins ..We also have A/C in the rooms with heating and provide extra blankets and quilts so I don t know how one can say it was cold . There are seperate 50 litre boilers in each room which has enough hot water for three let alone two perosn and even if it s used , it will only take 20mins to heat up again. I can understand your frustraion at staying indoors due to being sick with chest infections on your holiday and of course your comments are surely negative due to this..I hope you recovered .

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a night. I had an early flight the next morning. The staff was very friendly and they brought me a cup of coffee after the wake up call. They also called my prepaid taxi that was running late to ensure that he was on his way. The restaurant is fantastic. Room was adequate and I slept soundly. The location is great for exploring Valletta. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank pivonye

thanks for your comments and glad my staff made your stay enjoyable

Reviewed 8 November 2017

British Hotel very close to Valletta harbour wall and has good views. Difficult to get to by taxi and mine refused to go all the way but dropped me off 400+ yards away and waved me in the right direction. I got lost and took me 2 hours to find the front door! The rooms are adequate but are a bit dingy and old looking - not worth 90 euros per night. Food at breakfast OK but nothing to write home about. All in all a disappointment but it is strategically located for exploring Valletta by foot.

Room Tip: Ask for harbour view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Barry J
David M, Owner at British Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Thanks for your comments. I would like to point out that its very strange to take two hours to find us from being dropped 400 yards away. I dont think the driver pointed you in the right direction...infact the taxi should have dropped you in front of the main entrance like normal taxis do. I can imagine your disappointment after this ordeal and Im sure that this did not help in writing a positive review for the hotel.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Excellent view from the terrace (we paid more to get a terrace with sea view) and the breakfast was good value. On the other hand: we had a reservation for 4 people and got 3 beds with 3 pillows and sheets. Had to wait a night to get another pillow!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sissel1234
David M, Owner at British Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thanks for your review. It would be great if you let me know the name and dates so I can check why the room was not for four people as usually we make sure that there are bed linen and towels. However if you had come to reception even during the night we would have easily supplied you with them. thanks David Montebello