British Hotel
Casa Ellul(Valletta)
Osborne Hotel(Valletta)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgrand harbourbasic hotelsmall liftrooms overlookingthe busvictoria gateshort staychurch bellsfantastic viewsview from the balconyair conditioningsteep hillold stylemaltacharacterrenovationships
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Excellent view from the terrace (we paid more to get a terrace with sea view) and the breakfast was good value. On the other hand: we had a reservation for 4 people and got 3 beds with 3 pillows and sheets. Had to wait a night to get another pillow!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sissel1234
David M, Owner at British Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thanks for your review. It would be great if you let me know the name and dates so I can check why the room was not for four people as usually we make sure that there are bed linen and towels. However if you had come to reception even during the night we would have easily supplied you with them. thanks David Montebello

Reviewed 26 September 2017

The British Hotel is in a great location close to many attractions, restaurants and bars. The view from the front rooms is amazing.

I was booked into a standard room but on arrival they advised me that they would need me to take an extremely small and very basic single room with no air con on my first night and they would give me an upgraded room with views on the second night. It took a bit of negotiating but we did finally agree on compensation which i was happy with.

The front rooms do have wonderful views of the harbour - I was in room 118 (on my second night) and it was a really large comfortable room. The staff were all very friendly. The rooms were clean and the bed comfortable.

Room Tip: Room 118 has wonderful harbour views and is very large with 2 french doors opening onto a small balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
davidmontebello, Owner at British Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

thanks for your comments..I am glad that we managed to make your stay a pleasant one, I want to thank you for your acceptance for the small room for the first night and the upgraded seaview for the other nights. I am sure that it was worth the small inconvenience . thanks again
David Montebello

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Unsurpassed location. Service very odd. Not allowed to sit at certain tables for a drink in the bar even though we hadn't said whether we were staying for dinner. Upgrading works need to be accompanied by better levels of customer service.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
David M, Owner at British Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thanks for your review. Parts of the lounge bar is being used as a restaurant due to the high demand of clients wanting to dine here. When people come for drinks we have to assign them certain tables that will not be used for dinner . If you had told the waiter /barman that you were going to have dinner they would probably have assigned you a table in the balcony if avaialble as normally dinner times we are nearly always booked up. I would like to apolgise if the service was not up to standard ,we try our best to please clients

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Centrally located hotel, with stunning views of the harbor, great accessibility to main sites of the city, although located between the upper and lower town, you´ll need to walk steps everywhere you go from the hotel. Very cordial and arable staff, however problems with the hotel service persisted through my visit. The wifi in the room did not work, the TV was set at a particular high volume from which it was impossible to move it, wake up calls did not come through, even on my last day and after I warned them about my early flight, which I almost missed. ¨Their taxi driver did not show up, and I had to wait for another one.

I was able to only book a triple room from USA, once at the hotel, I asked to move to a single room, they showed it to me, it had no windows nor air conditioning, I kept the triple room. Make sure you have air conditioning if you visit Valletta in the summer, it gets really hot there. Breakfast is good, and the restaurant has beautiful views. The management of the hotel, could easily improve the quality of the service provided to tourists with few adjustments, some training and paying attention to the needs of their customers.

Room Tip: Single rooms do not have air conditioning nor windows.....
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Frank G
Reviewed 14 June 2017

I am here on business and staying an extra day to wander around Valletta. The location is great, right on the water. My room has an ocean view and is well air-conditioned. Wifi works well, bed was comfortable enough. Yes it is a bit worn but that is part of its charm.The breakfast was not spectacular but fine and you get to sit on the balcony.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a water view but Valletta is very charming so I am sure all views are fine.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business