Osborne Hotel(Valletta)
US$158
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$179/night.

US$195
US$182
US$282
US$219
US$347
US$254
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$296/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$376
US$356
Hotels.com
All reviewsgrand harboursmall liftbudget hotelthe buschurch bellsfantastic viewsview from the balconyair conditioningsteep hillold stylemaltarenovation
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Unsurpassed location. Service very odd. Not allowed to sit at certain tables for a drink in the bar even though we hadn't said whether we were staying for dinner. Upgrading works need to be accompanied by better levels of customer service.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
David M, Owner at British Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thanks for your review. Parts of the lounge bar is being used as a restaurant due to the high demand of clients wanting to dine here. When people come for drinks we have to assign them certain tables that will not be used for dinner . If you had told the waiter /barman that you were going to have dinner they would probably have assigned you a table in the balcony if avaialble as normally dinner times we are nearly always booked up. I would like to apolgise if the service was not up to standard ,we try our best to please clients

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Centrally located hotel, with stunning views of the harbor, great accessibility to main sites of the city, although located between the upper and lower town, you´ll need to walk steps everywhere you go from the hotel. Very cordial and arable staff, however problems with the hotel service persisted through my visit. The wifi in the room did not work, the TV was set at a particular high volume from which it was impossible to move it, wake up calls did not come through, even on my last day and after I warned them about my early flight, which I almost missed. ¨Their taxi driver did not show up, and I had to wait for another one.

I was able to only book a triple room from USA, once at the hotel, I asked to move to a single room, they showed it to me, it had no windows nor air conditioning, I kept the triple room. Make sure you have air conditioning if you visit Valletta in the summer, it gets really hot there. Breakfast is good, and the restaurant has beautiful views. The management of the hotel, could easily improve the quality of the service provided to tourists with few adjustments, some training and paying attention to the needs of their customers.

Room Tip: Single rooms do not have air conditioning nor windows.....
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Frank G
Reviewed 14 June 2017

I am here on business and staying an extra day to wander around Valletta. The location is great, right on the water. My room has an ocean view and is well air-conditioned. Wifi works well, bed was comfortable enough. Yes it is a bit worn but that is part of its charm.The breakfast was not spectacular but fine and you get to sit on the balcony.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a water view but Valletta is very charming so I am sure all views are fine.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank BigMNorway
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

We had 9 nights in Malta and booked this hotel based on Maltese friends who stay there when they visit. The balcony room looks out over the Grand Harbour and is a fantastic way to spend some time relaxing, morning or evening. The hotel is rather quirky, in a good way. A lift is available for all floors but some rooms need you to go up some steps as well. Our room had 3 single beds and most rooms we saw seemed to have single beds. There may be doubles. The staff are wonderful. George met us when we arrived and he made sure we felt at home, explaining the breakfast area, restaurant and lounge areas. Breakfast was good. Room was clean. Transfers to and from the airport were arranged for us without a fuss, 20 Euro each way. The hotel is close to the Valletta bus station and all buses leave from here to any part of Malta. Lots of restaurants and things to see are close as well. We would happily stay there again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel is for most part "value for the money". Nice and clean, beautifull view from the little terrasse over Grand Harbour, and the breakfast was fine with lot of variations. BUT the most important on a hotel is the beds. And they are really terrible. We do not understand that such and important issue is handle with so little care for the detail. With better beds, this hotel could have received between 4 or 5 stars.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family