“Central restaurant in old Valletta”
Review of Palazzo Preca

Palazzo Preca
Ranked #28 of 280 Restaurants in Valletta
Price range: US$25 - US$41
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Palazzo Preca Restaurant is serving a variety of Mediterranean and Maltese cuisine such as pasta "mostly recomended with seafood", colourful salads, juicy Irish steaks, traditional cooked rabbit, beef olives ,snails in garlic and what we are known for, the fish and shellfish which comes fresh every day.We are open every day for lunch and dinner, accept Sunday evening and Monday closed all day.
Reviewed 11 January 2018

Great restaurant, serving local cuisine, with many options to suit all . It appeared to be family run, with a long history, ensuring great service.
Quite reasonably priced, with a good variety of local wines, which we found to compare very favourably with wine from other regions

Write a ReviewReviews (1,842)

Reviewed 7 January 2018

It is highly recommended to book a table in advance for Palazzo Preca. We showed up without reservation on a busy evening, only to be turned politely away. However, we were asked for a phone number in case of late cancellations and barely 30-40 minutes later our luck turned and we got a table. The food was wonderful, even if on the expensive side, and the service was excellent.

1  Thank AlexViator
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Visited this place with family, we were a rather sizable group, the food was good and we were served all together,no one had to wait although we had different orders. This old palazzo in the heart of the capital is beautiful and classy, it offers excellent food and service.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

We dined at Palazzo Preca for my birthday while in Valetta. My husband and I both adore seafood and based on the reviews we were excited about eating here. First off, the service was excellent, the wait staff were really attentive without being overbearing. They explained the fish to us and presented the fresh catch. We chose our fish and also added some prawns on as well. The fish was brought to us cooked before filleting, and everything tasted very fresh and cooked with love. The wines were also really nice, and the atmosphere was romantic as well. The only slight concern was when we got the bill seeing the prawns were €5 each. I grew up by the sea, my grandfather was a fisherman, we had fresh fish and prawns all the time, and I would never expect to pay that much for one prawn, not even when the season was at peak and they were huge prawns. I was really glad we only had 4 of those, otherwise I'd have had to stay and wash the dishes after dinner!

Overall I would return to Palazzo Preca, but I'd probably just stick to the menu items where the prices are clear and you know what you're getting.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Yummy food, engaging and attentive service with a sense of humour great atmosphere, and theatre right at the table- crepe Suzette made to order at tableside. We found the wine here the best in Malta and whilst high end options were available, the low end wines were all very good. This is a high end restaurant which gets it right- we were lucky enough to get in twice here- but I'd recommend getting a reservation so you don't miss out. Pasta in particular was excellent- the best we have had in Malta and dare I say? Italy too!