“Anniversary Meal”

L'Artiglio Ristorante
Ranked #18 of 297 Restaurants in Valletta
Price range: US$23 - US$68
Description: With a distinct relaxed atmosphere and elegant, airy decor, it is the perfect restaurant venue to enjoy dinner with friends and family, or have a tasty working lunch with colleagues. Our renowned chefs have developed an a la carte dinner menu that combines classical cuisine with contemporary taste and also specializes in seafood appealing to all tastes.
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

I booked a table for four to celebrate both our anniversary and our sons. The food was fantastic however it would have been a nice touch for the restaurant to wish us all a Happy Anniversary. They were aware of this as I had booked some time ago and advised it was a double celebration. Nothing was said. A little disappointed with this. However the food was delicious.

1  Thank Belinda F

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Although we were a big group we found the service to be impeccable at all times. The food was beautifully presented and all dishes were excellently cooked. I can definitely recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank LeeXuereb
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Everything was top notch - the food, the service and the drinks. Had a fantastic oxtail linguine starter and an incredibly fresh sea bass main. Dessert was incredible too!

Highly recommended!

1  Thank Karl M
Reviewed 18 September 2018

I had been looking forward to eating at L'Artiglio after reading reviews, however sadly my and my husband's dining experience led a lot to be desired. Firstly when asking the waitress for a wine recommendation and specifically saying I did not want Chardonnay wanting a dry fresh wine to go with Lampuki what did she recommended - Chardonnay. Then before our starters we were given an appetiser, an hors d'oeuvre which was said to be rabbit liver pate. I found this awful, it tasted like vomit in my mouth and I felt sick, having to drink plenty of water to get the taste out of my mouth. I have never tasted anything so vile. My husband said he thought it tasted foul. I did not finish it and told the waitress it tasted very high, she did not comment. Rabbit liver pate is meant to be rich and smooth and incredibly luxurious being sweeter than chicken and has a more delicate flavour. I am sorry to say this certainly did not. My fishcakes were fine, and then on to the main Lampuki. This tasted very good, just as good as the one I had at Rubino's a few evening before. However as I got near to the bone I noticed blood. I called the waitress over and sent it back. She returned telling me the chef said this was ok. As someone who was a child was taught to sea and river fish by my father who was a fisherman and cook a lot of fresh fish at home I was not convinced. I left the fish near the blood. We looked at the dessert menu but did not find it had for us a good variety and feeling unhappy about what had happened with our meal decided to leave. A few days later I asked a Maltese boatman who fishes about Lampuki cooking and if eating it with blood in the centre was acceptable, he did not think so saying if it was cooked there should be no blood. Just in case any of the management or owners of L'Artiglio reply I should add I am someone who is very well travelled and have eaten in some of the top restaurants in the world. I do not write reviews that are untrue, I only write good or bad on what I and my husband have experienced. The following night we went to Rubino's for a second time this year, everything was excellent from the wine recommendations to all the food we ate and service was first class, the restaurant also had a real buzz.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

What a delightful meal. They catered to all dietary requirements and the food was beautifully presented and incredibly flavourful. The chef went above and beyond in catering for our needs, whilst also taking the time to greet the guests between preparing her delicacies. The service was first class and the entire experience luxurious. Thank you for a wonderful evening. We would recommend this to anybody making a visit to Valletta.

1  Thank Megan R
CamJS, General Manager at L'Artiglio Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Hi

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. On behalf of all the team at L'Artiglio it sincerely was our pleasure to have you and we're glad you enjoyed your experience at L'Artiglio!

Thank you once again and hope to see you again soon :)

L'Artiglio Team