See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 May 2015

For 30 years, I have stayed in 50 hotels a year and this one is in the bottom 4 in the world. The hotel is shabby to the point of being unhygienic and possibly unsafe. More importantly, it is not run with the interests of guests in mind.

The bathrooms are outdated with cracked tiles and leaky pipes and there is trouble with cockroaches. The sheets are of poor quality and too small for the beds and mattress protecters are not used, so in the morning one wakes up to find oneself lying on a dirty mattress with no cover. The equipment is dysfunctional to the point that I got locked out on the balcony and had to attract the attention of a passer by to go to reception to get me freed. The manager just said "there's a problem with the lock" and walked off.

They took in a party of wildly unruly Italians and put them in many rooms on the fourth floor, where I and a couple of other "normal" people happened to be. Loud partying, door slamming etc went on from 9pm to 04:30am, meaning that I got 7 hours sleep in 5 days. The managers and staff said that there was nothing that they could do. (How about giving large parties of young people a floor to themselves?)

The experience was so bad that, not only will I never return to this hotel, the attitude of (most of) the staff makes me think that I will never return to Malta either.

Unfortunately, the TripAdvisor system does not allow me to give them a "nil" rating. One is generous.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
6  Thank delnshirl
WindsorHotelMalta, General Manager at Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2015

Dear deinshirl,

We are sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations. I must say that I did not meet you during your stay at the hotel so I am perplexed with your claims that you spoke to me.

Reviewed 30 April 2015

Very basic outdated property,how this is 4 star is a mystery.Don't put on shirt and tie for dinner,think canteen style with lots of students joining in the stampede.Watery orange juice,reheated potatoes,fish out of a freezer.Overall grubby place in a reasonable location.Manager was nice as were some staff, also a small bar with some live music.Needs complete refurbishment....

Was there about 4 years ago. Asked for a double so the maid shoved the 2 singles together as my wife and I stood there lol..Hope it has improved,We won't return..But love Malta...

Room Tip: Higher up with balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
WindsorHotelMalta, General Manager at Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2015

Dear Slamking,

The Windsor Hotel is situated in the affluent town of Sliema which is a highly sought after residential area.

I can assure you that all food served in the restaurant is fresh cooked on a daily basis. The restaurant is advertised as having a buffet style service.

Finally, the hotel has already embarked on a refurbishment programme which has already seen the rooms on the 5th floor totally refurbished and upgraded to superior rooms.

We do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2015

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
WindsorHotelMalta, General Manager at Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2015

Reviewed 22 April 2015

We stayed here last night for a bb - I was really disappointed with the room as for the price we paid, we stayed at a much better room than we had.

We were on the first floor, and the room was so different from the one shown on their website - a small room with old furniture with addition to a 14'' tv with nothing to watch.We tried to fill the tub and it was dirty (yellowish), thank god we stayed for one night because we couldn't dare to take a shower.

The rooms were so close to each other that we could hear anything, almost to think that they are going to enter your room.

We were too disappointed in this room and for our astonishment the staff were super nice especially one of the maids which helped us to open the door since we had some trouble with the key and the other room was open and had just cleaned the room and looked really clean and well kept which for my understanding the condition of this hotel is not from the staff side.

I will not recommend this hotel until further refurbishment

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
WindsorHotelMalta, General Manager at Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2015

Dear eri123456,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at The Windsor Hotel.

I am sorry the room did not meet your expectations. The hotel has started with a refurbishment programme and the 5th floor is now a superior floor.

Your favourable comments about our staff will be passed on.

We do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2015

I stayed here for a couple of weeks after relocating to Malta for work.

I found the hotel staff to be extremely friendly and welcoming, and very accommodating when I needed to stay on longer than expected.

The hotel itself is a little tired - the rooms could do with a bit of a refurb, my shower flooded the bathroom floor each time I used it!

I was lucky to be put on the top floor which was very quiet and away from noise - this was ideal as there seemed to be a lot of groups of school kids staying here!

The breakfast selection in the restaurant wasn’t too bad, standard bed & breakfast really; selection of cold meats, cereal, yogurt, cooked breakfast, good coffee machine.

There is only free wifi in the hotel lobby area and be warned - this can be intermittent!

The rooftop pool area on floor 6 is a nice area to sit out, especially as nobody else seemed to use it much.

I recommend going across the road on the seafront to Surfside for food, reasonably priced, friendly staff, free wifi, plus great view of the sea. Or Fortizza's just up the road from Surfside is also good for food and right on the seafront :)

Room Tip: High floor for the quietest rooms
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
WindsorHotelMalta, General Manager at Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2015

Dear Davinajs,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at The Windsor Hotel and would liketothank you for complimenting the service provided by our staff.

The hotel has started a refurbishment programme and our 5 th floor is now a superior floor and it is the intension to continue with the refurbishment ptogramme.

Thank you once again and we hope you enjoy your time in Malta.