1,438 results
All reviews private pool tower room sea view island bar japanese restaurant cocktail bar reception staff la vallette choice of restaurants il giardino terrace restaurant sa re ga ma shopping centre steam room half board four star free harbour cruise
Reviewed 30 January 2015 via mobile

It was a freezing wet and windy day on the island I had been visiting for 7 days so I decided to get my nails done at the Fortina 4 star spa .i was immediately greeted by a lovely fellow who fitted me in an appointment on such short notice .The receptionist also informed that if I was interested in an other treatment there were a couple of spots available as a regular client had rescheduled .well being such a wintery day I took up the opportunity to have a leisurely day and pamper myself .After having a professional technician named Anastasia do my nails ( lovely delightful lass ) I was escorted to another room set up for my body scrub Anastasia was again at my service .After having a quick shower I was welcomed by Christina (an Italian lass ) for a body massage .i have travelled around the world and have had a many a massage this was Devine ! The staff were efficient and courteous. I will highly recommend the spa .

Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Laura D
TheFortina, Guest Relations Manager at Fortina Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2015

Dear Laura D,

Thank you for your lovely posting and special mention of a couple of therapists. Your comments shall be passed onto the Spa Manager. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 January 2015

Very disappointed with customer service at 5 star fortina spa hotel one lift out of order, but no sign advising guests until I suggested it 2 days later as they had no idea when it would be fixed ( not fixed in the 7 days we were there). staff didn't show any passion for the hotel.

8  Thank Christine021155
TheFortina, Guest Relations Manager at Fortina Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2015

Hello,

Thank you for your posting. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by one of our lifts being out of order, it is currently being replaced with a new lift. We apologise for the inconvenience caused. Your comments have been passed onto Management.

Reviewed 22 January 2015

Once again another successful and highly enjoyable visit to this hotel. Two weeks over Christmas and New Year 2014/2015, this time sadly on my own as my partner has just passed away, so full of trepidation I travelled, as planned, to see if it would be as good as last year.

What can I say, still excellent from the restaurant staff in Taste and Table 1 to every single member of this highly efficeient and customer focused team, from duty managers to reception staff, from bar staff to housekeeping staff. NOTHING is too much trouble for them.

I even got a nice view, which I requested should one be available, and along with everything else the staff were able to grant my request.

I will be shortly booking again for this Christmas and New Year, as I cannot find anywhere else that even comes close to the standards of this establishment.

WELL DONE to you ALL

Room Tip: A room on the higher floor, (if you are facing the harbour) will mean less traffic noise. The road in front of the hotel is quite busy. A pool view room is quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Paul SP L

Dear Paul SP L,

Thank you for your lovely posting. We are so sorry to hear of your sad loss, please accept our sincere condolences. We would like to thank you for choosing the Fortina Spa Resort, we look forward to welcoming you back over the Festive season.

Reviewed 22 January 2015

The Fortina Spa, rated five star by its owners adjoins the Fortina hotel rated four star. There are corridors between the two hotels and some facilities and restaurants are shared. Both hotels are highly rated by Saga and heavily used by Saga, the travel company for the over 55s. However Saga do not use the hotels in July and August, so no cauliflower heads in those months. The hotels are on the Sliema or Tigne seafront. They overlook the Marsamxsett Harbour facing Valetta. Before recent developments many rooms at the Fortina Spa would have had views of that harbour and also views out to sea. However the Tigne Point development of tall blocks has reduced the sea views. And in fact some of the rooms on the lower floors of the Fortina Spa, even though the hotel charges extra for Sea View have no views of the sea and quite restricted views of the harbour. On the other hand the rooms on the upper floors of the hotel - say floor nine up to floor 17 have amazing views across the harbour to Valetta. With the changing light during the day and the illuminated buildings in Valetta at night we were constantly going out on our 17th floor balcony to look at the view.
Building of the Tigne development continues, with the pneumatic drills starting at seven am.
The two hotels share a number of restaurants. However if you are on the "all inclusive" tariff and you book the Chinese or Japanese restaurants you will only be allowed a very restricted menu. In the Japanese restaurant we were allowed a miso soup plus either a main course or two Sushi courses plus a pudding. We chose the two Sushi courses and thought that the five pound Sushi selection from Marks and Sparks would have been a good deal better. We had no complaints about the Taste and Table 1 restaurants - no restrictions if on all inclusive and good quality food. The buffet restaurant La Vallette was OK but not a brilliant food selection.
Our room was very large which may have accounted for the cleaning being a bit skimped. There was dust on some table tops and moss growing on the balcony. But the bed and bath linen was fine and changed frequently.
We found the staff to be courteous and helpful at all times. We managed to lock ourselves out of our room safe and an engineer was there to open it in a trice.
Altogether a very nice hotel if you get an upper floor room avoid the Chinese and Japanese restaurants and you are not too particular about clean floors.

Room Tip: Upper floors from say 9 to 17 have good views on the harbour side. Otherwise if you are not bothered about the sea view then the garden rooms are quieter
4  Thank chartseven

Dear chartseven,

Thank you for your posting. Please be assured that your comments have been well-noted and passed onto all those concerned.

Reviewed 20 January 2015

I can't believe people have anything bad to say ! The staff are excellent and the food in La Valette was varied and presented beautifully every night. The views to old Valetta are stunning and the hotel is very well located fro all sea and road links. Mercury were a credit to the travel industry.

Room Tip: We found the sea view excellent.
1  Thank James M
TheFortina, Guest Relations Manager at Fortina Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2015

Dear James M,

Thank you for your lovely posting. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.