2,440 results
All reviews sky room triton restaurant sea view beach club across the road sun terrace outdoor pool tower block sea front evening entertainment half board st julians rooftop bar bed and breakfast basis buffet style bus stop steam room just returned from a week
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Just got back from staying at the hotel preluna today overall good location and good breakfast everything else not so good
Customer service at front counter is absolutely rubbish most never smile never mind a conversation we had a issue with tv as it was showing the tv spec along the top of the tv while watching a movie which i found really annoying spoke to reception few minutes later someone came to room and didn't know how to rectify it not very helpful i only liked one person who worked on reception that was john who worked through the night very helpful and amazing guy went out of his way to help us and advise us on what to see and do he is asset to your team the rest of the team need training in customer service and how to smile.
The room was outdated the toilet leaked everytime you flushed it bed creaked when u turning over no air conditioning especially for night time when it gets really hot.
Definitely not worth the money you pay for 4 star service

Overall hotel should be good for you to enjoy the holiday
I have stayed in four star hotels in turkey and egypt always exceptional customer service but not in this hotel
I would say its more of a three star hotel from my experience

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank asi24211
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here 3 nights. Unfortunately, it is the typical mass tourism hotel. Firstly, Internet didn’t work in my room. I was on the 9th floor, and it only worked in the lobby near de piano. I let the receptionists know about this. Obviously, they said that my complaint was going to be passed to the IT department, but nothing changed during the following days...
Secondly, the breakfast was pretty bad...
Thirdly, don’t ask for a taxi at the reception desk. They will charge you 3 extra euros. You have a taxi stop just in front of the hotel, where the price is 20 euros instead of 23 euros, which is the price offered at the hotel.
The only good thing was the cleaning lady on the 9th floor, a really kind woman, and the pianist, superb :)

Stayed: April 2018
2  Thank Caro085
Reviewed 12 April 2018

There really isn't any need to push guests to again pay for drinks at dinner time. There is a right place for this in the lobbybar and in the sky bar but not again when we are eating. Avoid Half-Board as you will be paying for drinks. Elderly staff can be rather grumpy if you refuse.

As for the food, plenty of it. Good cooked breakfasts. Rooms were cleaned attentively. Younger Staff are mostly courteous. A few from Hungary, Bulgaria, Nepal and so on except front desk and one or two elders in the dining area.

However, for obvious reasons We shall not be taking half board again. Other hotels will give drinks included in the price you pay.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Very good location and the rest is good enough ...ah and quite enjoyable spa.
Now,I am going to give you, the manager, a tip here. Breakfast, it closes at 10:00am, yes? so, for those of us that like a late breakfast ( me arriving 18 minutes average before 10) the working staff is already like in closing business mood .....you kind of bother them. Take my word for that, I was there for 9 nights ending last week.
I really did have a very good time at the Preluna and will be back , keep an eye in this small detail.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2018

We stayed here for one night on our way back from Gozo as we had an early flight home.
We had a hire car to return to Hertz next door who we discovered have nowhere to drop off cars. The hotel said they only have 6 spaces at 10 Euros a day underground but had no idea if they were available
So rule one – don’t drive here. The traffic is appalling.

We tried to check in at 4pm and the process seemed really complicated. We were the told our room was not ready and we had to wait 15 minutes in the bar (not a huge hardship!)
Once given our key we found the cleaners still in the room.

The room was very nice with a balcony and sea view. I believe there are better rooms but this was just fine, the bed was comfortable and bathroom all worked

There is a sun terrace on the 13th floor with a Jacuzzi and I believe a swimming pool in the basement but I didn’t go there.

Outside as I said, the road is very busy and that’s all night. There are restaurants below which contribute to the noise and there were ‘all night party people’ outside .
On the roof is a beautiful penthouse bar with amazing views but could do with a more contemporary approach to it’s decoration.

Overall the hotel is fine, Slema is a very busy suburb of Valetta and well situated to get the ferry over as well as a good selections of boat trips. There are loads of familiar shops – Zara, Topshop etc
I didn’t get to try the restaurants

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple