“Best risotto I have ever tasted!”
Review of La Cuccagna

La Cuccagna
Ranked #39 of 189 Restaurants in Sliema
Price range: US$13 - US$19
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Sheffield
“Best risotto I have ever tasted!”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We were delighted to find this restaurant just down the road from our hotel (The Victoria). After a lovely warm welcome and tasty starters, my husband worked his way through an enormous pizza whilst I mmmm'd my way through the most delicious dish of creamy chicken risotto, causing a near repeat of the Harry met Sally scene! Only down side - we had no room for desserts and drinks were a tad pricey. Otherwise, thoroughly recommend.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank yorkshirecat56

• Turkish first
Fgura
“Great food!”
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Visited the restaurant last month. The food was excellent and my gluten free pizza was delicious. Will surely return soon!

Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Loved it so much I wrote a review.”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have been here twice now - and both times (one in March and this time in November) it was a great evening choice for dinner. We ordered a sharing platter which wasn't on the menu, and when it came out we were all pleasantly surprised because of the amount of meats, cheeses, breads etc that were on it. We went to Florence recently and ordered the same starter platter and was always disappointed by how much we got! Mind you, we probably didn't need that much as the main course of medium rare steak was also a good size portion. In fact, the steak was amazing. Made me think of Hawksmoor in London, possibly the best place to get a steak in the UK. Came with little fried sliced potatoes and roasted veg. Didn't need to eat a pudding although they looked delicious. Depends on how much you like to eat I guess.

The La Cuccagna red wine is always a winner too.

• Visited November 2013
Spalding, United Kingdom
“One of the Best Restaurants in Sliema”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Our visit was last minute but we certainly made the right choice. Three of us had a lovely meat/cheese selection with lettuce and bread for a starter. Then a veal cutlet, venison and beef as a main for each of us. Nice Merlot house wine. Before we departed we were offered a limoncello on the house and this was unexpected but highly appreciated and enjoyed. Excellent service on the night and friendly staff. Will definitely go again.

• Visited November 2013
leeds, england
“Excellent Gluten free Pizza!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We tried this restaurant because of the good reviews about gluten free food
My husband has to follow a strict gluten free diet as he is coeliac and will be very ill if eating just a tiny grain of gluten. It is always a risk eating out so we took a chance and ate here. We really enjoyed the food both having pizzas they were both home made which is quite unusual for gluten free as they normally use prepacked bases. my husband wasnt ill which is even better. We didnt book a table just walked in,the service was very good helpful with gluten free choices and the atmosphere was great.We found the prices to be average.

• Visited September 2013