“What a find! Real little gem in Rabat.”
Review of Ta' Doni

Ta' Doni
Ranked #12 of 68 Restaurants in Rabat
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Description: Situated in the Heart of Rabat, offers a selection of local gourmet sandwiches, platters and salads. All of our delis comes from a farm in Dingli. We also offers traditional maltese coffees, artisianal locals beers, homemade wine and homemade desserts. We do have a selection of jams, pickles, local wines and different types of olives oils. Together with a selection of handmade olive wood kitchen utensils. We do free tastings!1
Reviewed 10 September 2017

After visiting Mdina all morning, I was ready for a beer, on the same street as the famous crystal palace only a few doors away. This small cafe cum deli cum bar is very welcoming. Looking in the window there only appeared to have roll left on display , but unperturbed the Proprietor said "Of course, no problem, I'll make you a platter and include the roll, leave it to me...."

The most magnificent assorted platter arrived, brimming with olives, capers, cheeses, local sausage onion, tomato and so on. A wonderful meal with another Cisk was needed to wash it all down. The atmosphere was very pleasant. I definitely recommend the place! In addition, full of local charm just right for people watching. Try it, only 2 minutes from Mdina gates.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

This place is a little hidden gem, it's a simple, pretty place, perfect to have a brunch or coffee, or a nice sandwich. The food is local and tasty (Sundried tomatoes, local goat cheese, olives) and the staff are super friendly!

2  Thank astrid l
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We were staying in an apartment round the corner. As we are late risers we used this place for brunch every day.

There is a good selection of traditional Maltese sandwiches. all are named in Malti language but with sandwich contents in English. Don't think traditional sandwiches - this is in lovely doughy bread, with Mediterranean contents. some things you might not consider for a breakfast / brunch, but this all works.

We ate out on the terrace in front of the shop. Although by the road, it isn't busy, so was a great spot to watch the world go by.

The shop itself looks great in an old building, and the terrace in front looks classy with nice garden furniture and potted plants marking off the area for the street.

As an Englishman I have one particular item to mention - the tea. Probably the closest I have drunk to real English tea (I'll eat & drink anything from anywhere in the world, but I'm particular about tea).

The staff (usually only one there, but never any queues) were fun, liked to chat with us, and were very helpful.

You can buy Maltese cook books there. Very informative but compact. One of our group bought one.

Recommended.

1  Thank finbarr_in_z
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My fiancee and me spent a week in Rabat at my fantastic friend's place, and almost every morning we had breakfast and coffe here. This place is simple, nice homish. The coffe is one of my favourite, though it is very strong, like a bull. The sheep cheese is fantastic. Super!!!!

1  Thank Bence G
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We arrived in Rabat and decided to get a bite to eat before going to St Pauls Catacombs. I had read reviews of Ta'Doni and we searched it out down the winding streets.

This is a nice little restaurant with seating for 6 inside and 8 outside. The staff are really nice and very chatty and friendly.

There is a good selection of sandwiches available, which are freshly made while you wait. They really fill them so you get good value for money. The combinations are not your run of the mill sandwich, so are a nice treat.

They also provide sharing platter and drinks. It's a great find.

1  Thank Karen O