“Excellent food and brilliant staff”
Review of La Reggia

La Reggia
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Marsaxlokk
Reviewed 18 October 2017

This is a must to go to in Malta, beautiful fresh fish and vegetables perfectly cooked.
The rabbit terrine starter was delicious.
The simplicity of the dishes lets the food talk to you, not covered in unnecessary sources.
This restaurant certainly rates with some of the best I have been to including Steins and Outlaws restaurants in Cornwall.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I don't have to say mich about the surroundings. Really beautiful place. We had lampuki for lunch. Fresh fish, delicious. Although the restaurant is just run by 3 persons, the service is quite fast. They are very friendly. Thank you for the great service.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Based on previous reviews we decided to stop for lunch at La Reggia instead of one of the many other waterfront restaurants.

The waitress was on her own so service was slow and as well as apologise she did explain that another waitress hadn't turned up, but if you know the food will be good you don't mind sitting in the sunshine, relaxing and watching the world go by. However by way of an apology we were offered a complimentary rabbit terrine starter which was not as rich as I thought it would be and was very nice indeed.

As I'm not a lover of sea food we opted for the set menu choosing the veg soup, fish and ice cream. In a world where food is served by quantity not quality it made a pleasant change to be able to taste how the dish should actually taste, instead of a bland imitation of what you think it should taste like. The soup was hot and fresh, the fish roasted to perfection and even the accompanying potatoes, onions and peppers were cooked to release their flavour.

If you're looking for fresh quality food cooked with flavour and individuality then I recommend La Reggia.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

This restaurant is in a Marsaxlokk ,a fishing village . I’ve been to la Reggia a couple of times and the fish was always super fresh , the food is very good but service a bit slow .

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I have really struggled to find nice food in malta. There are a lot of burgers, pizzas, kebabs, French fries... even the "nice" fish restaurants are serving everything with fries! When I arrived here I loved the fact I could sit just by the harbour! The waitress was lovely and attentive and made us feel very welcome. As lovely as this was the real reason I am writing this review is because of the incredible food I had. And no French fries in sight! (Woohoo!) beautifully cooked and beautifully presented. I was also very pleasantly surprised to see the chef make an appearance and stop at each guests table to check they were enjoying the food. This guy can cook and he holds all the attributes a fantastic chef should. He cares about his guests and what he is feeding them! Just wonderful, I would recommend to anyone who can appreciate great food!