“Freshly cooked to order and great value”
Review of Ta' Mattew

Ta' Mattew
Ranked #14 of 56 Restaurants in Marsaxlokk
Reviewed 9 October 2017

We ate here because Tripadvisor reviewers all rate Ta' Mattew well, but generally, the restaurants along Marsaxlokk waterfront that have sea views, seem very disappointing - and with so many to choose from, we turned to trustworthy advice. And we were not let down. The food was cooked especially for us by Mattew the owner, and was delicious, especially the swordfish which came with new potatoes, chips, courgettes and caper sauce. We were also given small bruschettas as starters, on the house.
And the loo was spotless.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed dinner here twice during our holiday Inn Marsaxlokk. Excellent, friendly service and good tasting food.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Great home made food. Straight out of a Maltese kitchen. The swordfish was lovely. Service fantastic.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Stopped for lunch last Sunday. I had a plate of fish, my daughter a plate of seafood and it was absolutely delicious.
The best seafood I have eaten from the sea to your plate and what a difference, so very fresh.

The young lady who served us also was very friendly and made us feel very welcome. I would definitely recommend for those who love fish, my plate had, tuna, sea bass and swordfish.

Finally excellent value for money, just under 40 euros for 2.

1  Thank RH-HotelsBenidorm
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

If you want ala carte fancy food then stay away from here. If you want great tasting food presented the way it should be ie large portions with flavour then try this out. We stopped here on a short trip with family friends. Eleven of us ate and not one of complained about the food. The swordfish was amazing and the mussels, calamari and octopus are still flavouring my mouth :)
The service was friendly and ver accommodating and to my amazement the bill was also very reasonable. Under 200 for entrees, mains, bottle of wine, drinks and 4 beers. Very impressed!

1  Thank FreqTraveller1975