All reviews the pub roast dinner cod two courses booked a table accommodation suffolk bath
Reviewed 17 April 2016

As usual I left it to the week of the wedding I was attending to decide to find somewhere to stay, out of a surprising number of places still available, I chose to stay here. I am so glad I did! The kind owners booked a taxi to drop my partner & I at the wedding before I'd even left to drive to the b&b!

The room was excellent and a very comfortable space for two people. It was decorated beautifully, had a place for everything and there was nothing more you could have asked for. The bathroom was huge and the shower was nice and powerful! Parking was plentiful. The hosts were very friendly and even suggested places in the local area for my Easter Sunday drive the day we left. Vegetarian breakfast was provided in the morning and sustained me through a nice long walk through a nearby village. Overall the weekend was made a success by choosing the White Horse for my stay. I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Pride Cars if you need a reliable taxi service in the area
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

We stay here when we come to visit family locally. The family rooms are large and extremely comfortable and the breakfasts absolutely delicious. We ate supper in the pub one of the evenings and the food was wholesome , tasty and very reasonable. Perfect pub grub .

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the white horse inn as a family 2 adults and a infant. We arrived early but the owners allowed us to check into our room without any hesitation. This was a good sign as other establishments would charge you extra for this or may not allow. We was greeted with a warm welcome. The owners are very friendly. The rooms are of a good standard very clean. There is iron/ironing board in the room. The coffee making facilities are a nice touch too. We had a great nights sleep thanks to the comfy bed, the pillows was fantastic all six of them! nice Egyptian cotton. We had breakfast which was also very nice. Parking was plentiful. We didn't get a chance to explore the area as we was attending a friends wedding in the next village. Wish we could of stayed an extra night.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed here on Wednesday night. What a lovely place to stay evening meal was awesome (chicken ham and mushroom homemade pie) the local beer is a much try .
All in all a very satisfying stay and room was very clean and comfortable. Thanks again for the warm welcome.
Gareth

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2016

My husband and I have eaten here before. A long time ago, it was good and then later turned poor. More recently, in the last couple of years, it's improved significantly. Our last meal there was again good in terms of both quality and value so I'm adding another good review.

When we arrived (on a Friday) we were told the dining room was fully booked (good sign!) apart from a very large table or a table in the bar next to the entrance to the restaurant. We chose the bar table.

Service was quick, efficient and very polite. We're quite fussy about red wine being warmed to room temperature and this request was carried out admirably. My starter of avocado and prawn salad was excellent in terms of flavour and presentation although couldn't find much avocado in the dish - maybe it had been used to flavour the dressing which was great.

Our main dish - 'medium' cod with fries and peas - was huge and an absolute bargain. Can't imagine what the large version would be like.

Our total bill was £35.75 which included an aperitif and a £16 bottle of wine so really good value. Yes, it's pub grub but it's good and affordable pub grub.

I like this restaurant very much and will remember next time to book in advance as the bar table was slightly noisy at the beginning of the evening.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple