“Perfect meal in the restaurant”

White Horse Ridgewell
Ranked #1 of 1 Ridgewell B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2015

I took my elderly parents here for a lunch time meal on 9th July. We had an excellent meal which was beautifully cooked and presented. We were served by a young lady with long blonde hair and she was brilliant. The attention and care she showed my parents and I put the icing on the cake. My parents often visit this area on their coach trips and will be visiting with a coach full next time and I am only sorry I shall miss out.

Room Tip: We didn't stay in the hotel but did have a great meal in the restaurant
Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 June 2015

stayed at the white horse for a stop over for family wedding at stumer . very nice motel and would recomend it . excellent breakfast and very friendly owner . will stay here again when traveling past .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tyja
Reviewed 12 June 2015

My family stayed at the White Horse last week for 1 night in a family room. We were really delighted to find that the accommodation had a room (twin) within a large double/king room. the kids even had their own sofa and tv. Bed was very comfortable and room very clean. Looked to me as though it had been recently decorated. Bathroom was very spacious, but ideally would have a bath - especially as it is a family room and baths are much easier for kids. Breakfast was delicious and the staff very friendly. Unfortunately I managed to spill almost a whole bottle of dark red nail varnish on the beige carpet. The owner was so very very very nice about it - lending me her own bottle of varnish remover So that I could try and get it off the carpet and insisting that I shouldn't worry about it - "accidents happen". How many other hotels would be that nice about it?

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Emma S
Reviewed 25 May 2015

We have visited this Motel several times. Some times for a lunch or evening dinner and another time for a celebratory evening. On entry to the building, the main bar is on the left, opposite comfortable tables and chairs are opposite. This area is used for starter drinks prior to eating in the main well equipt restaurant. The decor is modern and there are many tables to choose from. There are around 12+ tables seating x 4 persons, lots of space and an airey feel. The menu is well equipt with a good choice of dishes available. Prices vary from an excellent 'fish and chips' around £4 pp to £8 upwards and £11 pp for a full roast dinner. The food really is vey good. Drinks are average pub prices. The staff are very polite and helpful.
During the winter months, the other side of the bar offers a real, warm and cosy log fire, with adjoining table/chairs. There has been some additional additional work to the Motel which has just been completed. This is a nice place to eat (we haven't stayed here yet). and a walk around the fantastic village and green is well worth it.
There are many thatched and Farm type houses, a beautiful church and another public house offering delicious food and drink. Visit the village and Motel, you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2015

Good food ,very friendly staff and owner.Excellent breakfast .
Stayed in room 1'
Cleaners please look in wardrobe and dust.also upwards for spider webs,
Mattress a bit springy for us BUT A GREAT PLACE

Room Tip: Stayed in room 1 ,double bed and twin beds in adjoining room .Great ensuite
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family

Been to White Horse Ridgewell? Share your experiences!