1,461 results
All reviews mobile phone barber shop unlimited data local calls record player perfect location the main street great hotel hot tub and sauna shared balcony happy hour make your own waffles shopping district blackout curtains modern hotel waffle maker shops and restaurants
Reviewed 12 May 2016

From the first moment, we experienced the strong customer orientation of the front desk staff. It helped that we were given a smartphone for use free anywhere in Iceland, with a hotline to the hotel for any reason at any hour. But the real specialness was the friendliness, smartness, and helfpulness of front desk personnel. If I singled anyone out, Signy was the best, followed by Þorri and Ásgeir, but Helga, Julia, and Lukasz were all helpful too. Ways they helped: finding safe off-street parking, selecting the right restaurants, selecting and confirming availability of tours. But it was much more subtle as they were always there to help and, after a frustrating day in a rental car when we had to turn back due to snow, we returned to our room to find a bottle of red wine waiting for us with a nice note. The breakfast exceeded expectations. I think my wife most enjoyed the thin waffles. I enjoyed sampling everything and, I admit, it was fun grossing my wife out by having a shot of cod liver oil every morning with breakfast. (It has no odor and has no taste, by the way.) The rooms are cleanly cut everything is highly functional. The gym is more than adequate, the sauna gets good and hot, and there's a secret hot tub alongside the hotel. And the location on the main drag makes it just about perfect. As for the sauna, I recommend going downstairs wearing a robe because you'll need to put something on after taking a sauna as you walk through the gym to reach the individual showers. Of course, if you don't want to wear a robe, well, that's your choice, and this is part of Scandinavia.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank NoPegasus
Reviewed 12 May 2016

Nice hotel in a great location. Had a room with a good view over the bay. Rooms were a little small but comfortable enough. Excellent spa pool outside - very hot but felt great. Decent bar though slightly lacking in atmosphere.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2016

Friendly staff, very nice environment. My only suggestion would be for larger towels and to provide more than one in the single room. The singles are very very small, I stayed in two of them, they moved them. My single deluxe had a balcony. Overall a nice if not very expensive small room for one person. However, staff was great, the bar folks were awesome, and the place is very well-designed. Would happily recommend

Things I would address if I were management:
--Good grief is that sandpaper for toilet paper?
--More shelves and hangars or just hooks I had all of four in my single
--Chargers for room phones
--Wifi is very very basic and needs some IT help to be secure.

Room tip: Ask for rooms with the walk-out balconies and I would avoid street-side rooms as it gets loud on weekends.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank DaveBreck
Reviewed 8 May 2016

the room we booked was nicely furnitured
the staff was very friendly
we got a mobile phone that we could use in the city to look up things and we could connect between the different rooms very easily
the breakfast was included and you could choose from many different delicious things

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank D.s. B
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

Everything was wonderful except the pricing. At $330 night us, hard to accept. Nice bar, nice resturant, organized staff, great rooms, coffee, cool bathrooms, etc... decor is exceptional if you like scandinavian.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank mark e