2,127 results
All reviewsfrosted glassloft suitethe main streetboutique hotelcentral locationfriday and saturdaysteam roomcenter hotelbreakfast was includedhappy hourstandard roommini barlight sleeperbring earplugsstreet noiseearly checkstayed here for nights
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

I would give this hotel a 5 for the location and the staff. It is a great location for restaurants and shops. The staff was also extremely helpful. A nice breakfast is included. My one issue I had was with the size of the room. I have a feeling that it was the luck of the draw and what was available when we checked in but our room, while nicely decorated, was extremely small. We had a couple of feet of space around the bed and didn't even have room for our suitcases. We've traveled to Europe quite a bit and understand that rooms are small, but this was to an extreme.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2017

We picked this hotel for the very central location. Very close to Grayline tour office and restaurants. We stayed in a Junior Suite. I think a regular room would be a little tight if you have luggage as we did. We stayed for 1 week. The weather was rainy mostly, so the hotel spa was a great option as we didn't want to be outdoors too much aside from the tours we had booked. Lots of UK channels on the TV was also very welcome! We had waffles for breakfast every day, but didn't eat or drink at the hotel other than that. There are lots of options for eating close by. Food is expensive, but there are some supermarkets, plus Subway and Dunkin Donuts very close too. The hotel has lots of fur and cow hide which was fine with us, but may not suit everyone. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2017

My friend and I stayed here at the end of January for a long weekend. On arrival, we found we had been allocated a double room instead of a twin room, and when the lovely lady on reception couldn't find us a suitable twin room, the very friendly Manager came and allocated us an upgrade! We had a lovely Junior suite, which had a nice lounge area. We found this kind of attitude to be typical of all the hotel staff during our stay - they were all very friendly and helpful; a real pleasure. The hotel is really well located and our sleep was not affected by noise from the nightclub round the corner. Also round the corner is the 'cheapest supermarket in Reykjavik' (as advised by the tour guide on the 2hr free walking tour - something we would highly recommend) which we found useful given the high prices of food and drink in Iceland. Breakfast in the hotel was very good and we also ate in the restaurant and had a lovely meal (thanks for the recommendations Roberto!). The only thing we found disappointing in the hotel was the 'gym' which consisted of 2 exercise bikes and some weights (as shown in the photo on their website - that is all their is) and the pool which whilst lovely and warm, didn't bubble or anything. We had intended to use these facilities every day, but in the end only used the pool once and didn't bother with the gym at all. We had use of these facilities for free, as we had a suite (Thank you Mr Manager! :-) ) but others had to pay for them, which I certainly didn't think would have been worth the money.
We had a lovely time here and would certainly return to this hotel for any future visits; I just wouldn't bother packing my gym kit. I'd rather sit in the really nice lounge/reception area and make the most of happy hour instead, whilst chatting to the super staff.
Also would recommend the tours - we did 'the blue lagoon', 'the golden circle' and the 'northern lights' - they were all very well organised and reasonable value for money.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ruthie2000
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

We were lucky. Arrived at our original hotel to find it over booked. Very glad as this place was great.
Very friendly and helpful staff. Perfect location. Buffet breakfast was brilliant.
Our room was on the top floor, overlooking the harbour. Very nice design and facilities.
My only slight criticism would be that the glass panelled bathroom doesn't offer much privacy.
Would definitely go back.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic - the rooms are very modern and comfy, breakfast was excellent and the staff (Ryan in particular) were so friendly and helpful.

The location is great, right in town and there are lots of restaurants nearby. We hired a car during our stay and found that parking outside of the hotel (in zone 1) was quite expensive. If you are hiring a car you can park for free up behind the big church, and it's only a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

The breakfast was very good - there wasn't a big selection of food but it was all very nice.

We also used the spa which is definitely worth it - the heated pool is lovely after a long day out in the cold, as is the steam room. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple