Hotel Reykjavik Centrum
US$242
Fosshotel Lind(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$242
Reykjavik Lights by Keahotels(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$369
US$334
Hilton Reykjavik Nordica(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$330
US$315
City Center Hotel(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$598
US$552
Hotwire.com
1,904 results
All reviewsgreat locationoldest streetsettlement museumfish markethappy hourhotel barcentral locationwooden floorswithin easy walking distanceblue lagoonstayed here for nightscomfortable hotelbars and restaurantsreception staffdeluxe roomnorthern lightsthe heart of the city
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Keep in mind I came here after 6 nights with minimal sleep photographing the Icelandic landscape. The location is in the picturesque historic part of town with lots of shops, bars, and restaurants. The staff at checkin was fast and friendly. I appreciate it is in a historic buildings or really 2 buildings joined by a 3rd story skyway. I had room 238 which was across the skyway and then back down a level. The room was on the small side but my issue was it was backed up against a beer garden with loud music and smoke that made its way into the room. I was too tired to say anything as I was leaving at 5:15am for the airport.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank dsj5777
Karolina Z, Front Office Manager at Hotel Reykjavik Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear dsj5777,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

I would first like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hotel Reykjavik Centrum during your visit to Reykjavik.
We are glad to hear that you found our location easily accessible. Also, that our front desk staff were able to meet your needs.

We greatly apologize for the inconvenience that you faced through out this stay. We hope that this does not deter you from returning to our property.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We booked this hotel as we thought we were getting an historical building and a private hotel with character. The character you se of the building outside does not carry through inside the hotel and there is a very plastic feel to the whole place.
The staff are friendly enough and helpful. I requested an extra pillow and this was handed to me over the reception desk with no issue.
The breakfast was ok.
The room was clean but a little dated. Individual duvets were a bit grubby. There are no individual heating controls to the rooms and we found it very hot. Window did open but road outside was very noisy.
Overall a good enough experience but not one I will remember with any great enthusiasm and I do not think I got any more for my money than had I stayed at any of the other nearby hotels which were significantly cheaper.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Karolina Z, Front Office Manager at Hotel Reykjavik Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Nicola D,

We appreciate you bringing these details to our attention, as this is certainly not the standard level of care we hope our guests receive. All our rooms are European standard sizes.There is no air conditioner systems in any buildings, hotels or homes in Iceland due to the climate.
We´re happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We´re pleased that you appreciated our location in the city center. We can´t wait to have opportunity to welcome you back.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Centrum says it all! This modern, comfortable hotel is in the center of town with easy walking access to many restaurants and shops. The beds are comfortable and the duvets were not needed as the room always seemed to be overheated. This, by the way was a common complaint in the hotels where we stayed. Open windows rectified the situation. Coffee in the room was better than most hotels I have stayed at in the U.S. and the Wi-Fi works - an added plus.
Breakfasts were copious and delicious. The average breakfast had a variety of breads and rolls as well as cheeses, meats, jams, flavored yogurts, including Skyr and juices. There was enough to skip lunch were that necessary.
The staff is friendly, courteous and helpful. All together a delightful place to stay in Reykjavik.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank NewYorkLonghorn

Dear NewYorkLonghorn,

Thanks for the great review!
We're happy you enjoyed your experience with us!
The happiness and satisfaction of our guests is important to us and we endeavor to offer quality comfort and service for our guests. It's fantastic you appreciated our comfortable rooms and service.

We look forward to hosting you again soon for another stellar experience.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. Staff were friendly and helpful, the hotel itself is beautiful and interesting with its history, if you take a look around the building there are old photos of the are and the hotel. Our room was smaller than expected for the price paid. It was clean but did not have the wow factor I would have liked compared to the rest of the hotel. Our double bed had 2 single duvets which was a little strange but did not hinder my sleep however it was extremely hot in the rooms at night. I will add that we did not mention this to the hotel staff I’m sure if we did they would have rectified this.
We had breakfast included in our stay and this was lovely they had a large variety to cater for everyone and it all tasted nice and fresh. They offered cereals, pastries, bread (& toaster) jams, marmalade’s, peanut butter, Nutella, fruit, Skyr, grains and dried fruits, cheeses and meats, salmon, eggs, sausages, bacon and beans, tea coffee, and juices plus more that I can’t remember.
The restaurants in the hotel are also great and I have reviewed this separately.
The main feature of this place has to be the location! It is just perfect, right across from bus stop number 1 at the city hall, 5 minute walk from Harpa, the lake, shopping. Coffee shops supermarkets and restaurants right on its doorstep, cannot beat this central location

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the lovely review, carasheff!

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We're happy that you loved our facilities and delicious restaurant and bar. We strive to provide our guests with warm hospitality, efficient service, and clean rooms.
We'd love to share a more positive experience with you next time.

Reception Manage

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Great location, although we had to park about 2 blocks away. Once ensconced we were close to most everything we needed so didn't need to drive anywhere. Can't say enough good about this place. They upgraded us to a suite. We had a staircase in our room! 2 Levels! From the front desk staff to the maintenance people, everyone we encountered made us feel like they wanted us to have the most pleasant stay possible. We will definitely be staying here the next time we're in Reykjavik.

Stayed: April 2017

Dear rbirr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay at the Hotel Reykjavik Centrum. Our staff strives to provide exceptional guest service and care so we´re thrilled to learn that you found our team members to be helpful.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back soon.