US$699
US$452
US$433
US$383
HotelsClick
All reviewsevery morningspacious apartmentexcellent locationshared bathroomherringsmoked salmonbreadwithin walking distancenext morningnorthern lightsdowntown reykjavikcentral locationfridgetripschurch
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Enjoyed a 3 night (4 day) sojourn at the comfortable and cozy Brattagata Guest House in center city Reykjavik. Our room (#5) was large, clean, and nicely furnished with a fluffy bed and a comfy sofa---perfect for a respite after traveling through Europe for a month. There was an attached kitchenette/bathroom/shower. It was an easy, short walk to the downtown shops, restaurants, sites, and museums, as well as to the waterfront Old Harbor and Fishpacking districts. Each morning, Ingunn, our hostess and the proprietress, provided a very lovely and nourishing breakfast. She was always happy to chat, was very knowledgeable about Reykjavik and Iceland, and she offered several very helpful suggestions to enhance our visit to her country.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

10 out of 10 for not only the best guesthouse in Reykjavik but possibly where I've ever stayed traveling the globe. Made a last minute reservation, traveling with my friend, for a twin room. Friendly and warm greeting by host couple who couldn't have done any more to make myself and my friend welcome. Our room was perfect, the facilities included a stocked kitchen, beautiful bathroom and towels, with washer/dryer, stunning living space and wonderful interiors. Our breakfast was served early for us and was so delicious with many options. Value for money was excellent and when I return I will most definitely stay again. Thanks to this lovely couple for making the first night in Iceland for us girls from Ireland very memorable.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dubgal2013
Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

We stayed at Brattagata guest house from 7 till 14 September.We were 2 adults and 2 kids.We had a very good accomodation area with private bathroom and kitchenette.Ingunn and her husband are great hosts.Every morning we started the day with a delicious,variable and abbundant breakfast and Ingunn was very accomidating with our time to have breakfast.She also prepared and left us choclate cake in our room during the week.The guest house is convenient ly located right in the centre,close to the harbour ,shops and just one minute away from center hotel plaza from where reykjavik excursions picked us and dropped up on arrival and departure and for the tours.We would highly recommend Brattagata to anyone looking for an accomodation in reykjavik

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank spiritofscouse
Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

We had a comfortable room at Brattagata. Located in the heart of Reykjavik, you can easily walk to restaurants, cafés, shops, museums, etc. the owner is friendly, the breakfast is good! We had an excellent sleep there and we could leave our luggage a even if we arrived before the check in! Highly recommend this place!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BeeSuzie
Reviewed 29 August 2015

Ingunn's guesthouse is a hop skip to downtown. But I was never woken up by the pub crawlers and nightlife (it's far enough away!! Yay, sleep!!). It was a cozy place where i felt like I was visiting my family. It's very cute and quaint. My bed was comfortable, Ingunn made a buffet breakfast for all the guests so it was nice to chat with other travellers to start your day. I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian and I had no problem with the food. I was full! Restaurants are quite pricey in Reykjavik so the delicious breakfast was nice on the pocket book too. I stayed for 8 nights and I had enough variety every morning to look forward too. I travelled alone and walked everywhere from the brattagata house. I recommend this place to anyone looking for an affordable, cozy accommodation that's walking distance to many of the sights and sounds of Reykjavik... With a bonus of breakfast! Woot woot!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo