See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2016

I'll sail against the tide here.

I found this to be an excellent place to stay, for superb value.

Clean, spacious guest house (so much so that the friendly but firm owner told us he expected us to leave it spotlessly clean) with impeccable bathrooms, plus kitchen, dining room, living room and terrace. Excellent free WiFi. All for the cheapest prices in Reykjavik!

Only miniscule negative is that guests have to ring the owner when they arrive - he turns up in under 10 minutes.

On a main road into the centre if you want to drive as we did, if not there is bus 11.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2016

Took a chance and booked a guesthouse. Was really worried after reading some of the reviews but I had no need to have been worried. I found the manager to be very pleasant and chatty when I phoned on arrival. We were able to wait in the lounge area for someone to come show us around. Our room was lovely and big (triple room). The bathroom was large and clean (the shower was ace). The kitchen was great, had everything we needed, clean and like home from home. The drive into Reykjavik wasn't to far and we could have easily walked if we wanted. All in all we had a pleasant stay and would book again.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Unfortunately, it was the last of our bookings we made for our trip to Iceland, and booked this place in a hurry. DO NOT STAY HERE, ESPECIALLY IF YOUR TRAVELING AS A SINGLE WOMAN. The owner, was drunk!!! Rude, and inappropriate ly behaved. Sat at our table while we ate, and ended up spitting in my food. Came later to our door, with an excuse to help him find his cel phone. When I refused, he became angry. I was not comfortable the rest of the eveing, and had a terrible nights sleep. As well, the curtains, on the window, were old shower curtains, that did not even cover the window.
THIS IS NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY NOR YOUR SAFETY.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I booked a private double room at this guest house as I was arriving from Canada and wanted to ensure a decent sleep. I corresponded with the manager twice via email to inquire about an early check-in (not offered) and luggage storage (not available either). When I arrived to check in at 3 pm I was greeted by a sign on the door - you need a mobile phone in order to call the manager to check in. Fortunately the taxi driver who dropped me off was able to do this, and at this point I found out the room had been double-booked. The person I spoke to offered a weak apology and blamed the computer system. When I asked about assistance with booking alternative accommodation he refused to help. I have now emailed the booking agency with this feedback in the hope that they will remove this place from their books. The exterior of the property is unkempt and generally unwelcoming.

Room tip: Avoid this place at all costs - whoever runs the show has no idea.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
14  Thank Amber C
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I write this review, because I have never been treated so bad in my life. I work in a hotel my self and if i treat my guests like the owner treated his guests I get fired. When we wanted to check in at the guesthouse there is no reception. You have to wait outside. We arrived at 2 at night, and there was a note on the door that you have to call when you want to check in. We were lucky that our taxi driver called for us. If you do not have a phone you have a problem. When we had to pay the room he let us pay a higher exchange currency. When we asked the owner about this te next day he was yelling at us very loud and he teated us very bad. You threat your dog better than he treated his guests. Some guests asked a bout a double bed ( because all rooms have single beds), the owner called the next day and said to them that he sold their room and that they have to check out. The guesthouse was dirty and some children clean it. Not one couple who checked in was treated normal! He told us that he has the cheapest geusthouse in Reykjavik so he can treat his guests the way he want. Please go somewhere else and pay a liitle bit more because it really destroys your holiday!!!

Date of stay: July 2012