1,321 results
All reviewssnaps restaurantgreat locationattached restaurantthe main hotelmain shoppingjunior suitefirst floorfront desk staffthe hotel staffminute walkhot watersmall hotelthe heart of the cityquiet streetthe main dragcentral locationwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I recently returned from a long weekend in the wonderful city of Reykjavik. I chose Hotel Odinsve based on reviews I read here on trip advisor saying that the location was excellent. They were not wrong.The hotel is approx 3-4 mins walk from bus stop 8 (Hallgrimskirkja Catherdral). This bus stop is a busy spot for tour pick ups and drop offs and also for shuttles to and from the airport. This was ideal for me as I had tours booked and the proximity to the pick up point was great for time saving. The hotel is a stones throw from the main shopping streets with plenty restaurants, bars and cafes etc in the area.The hotel staff were very friendly and welcoming. They made recommendations to us about trips, brew houses and museums. The room was small but spotless clean. There is a bar/restaurant in the hotel but I cant comment on this as we didnt eat there on this occasion, however it looked really nice and was always busy. This was my first time in Iceland. I will definitely return and when I do will be happy to stay in Hotel Odinsve again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank CiaraMc14
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Very much enjoyed our stay. Room was definitely small - didn't know there were toiletries in the bathroom (hidden in a drawer) and a fridge (hidden behind a door) until we were literally leaving the room. Towels weren't replaced unless literally lying on the bathroom floor. But the front desk staff was very helpful in booking tours and reservations and overall very pleasant. The onsifte restaurant, Snaps, is top-notch and a favorite of the locals - basement bar also very lively. Because of this, weekend nights can be noisy but we had a pretty quiet room on the 3rd floor. Wish Snaps offered a cheaper breakfast ($28 for the buffet) or that the hotel offered a deal that included breakfast, as it's super convenient. Recommended!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for the weekend with my husband. The hotel is in a great location, a few minutes walk from the shops and restaurants. We had a junior suite, which was very nice, good size and appreciated the fact there was Netflix on the TV. You will enjoy staying here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. Room was fine. Breakfast was also very good. All staff were friendly and very helpful. Only a few minutes walk to the centre.
Not cheap but everything in Iceland is expensive compared to the UK.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2018

I had the single room, which was fine enough for one night. But the hall and room had a bit of a mildew smell. The front desk staff make this hotel, though: friendly and extremely helpful!

I overslept because of the (late for me) sunrise. Not the hotel's fault; just a funny aside.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo