US$264
US$309
Hilton
Fosshotel Baron(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$199
Reykjavik Lights by Keahotels(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$336
US$189
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$222/night.

Hotel Island(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$159
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsliving roomgarden annexsafe areaminute walkthe main shopping areaon arrivalrented a carbed was very comfortableembassydrivewayembassiesjonapartmentsupermarketkeyaccommodationtours
Reviewed 22 November 2016

This is an apartment build in a garage, one room, kitchen and bathroom. I was surprised how warm was inside, I never had the feeling that once that place was a garage. It was clean, we could find any kind of menage, plates, cooking pans, glases... We never got to know the owner, but everything went perfect.
Also we could park just in front of the house, no problem.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2016

The apartment is on a quiet street a short walk (10 min) to harbor but longer walk to the old town area (we found a wonderful café for breakfast along the Harbor. See my separate review I will post for the Café Haiti).

Very large apartment. We had the one in the basement which has windows facing the street (not sure how many units there are as it looked like there is a second one also in the basement but in the back, and then you had the upper floors as well.) Bedrooms are big enough for beds but not much more. Large kitchen, living room. Hall separates rooms. Living room is sort of a master suite with its own door to the hallway and then the master bedroom off of the living room. Beds were comfortable and water, throughout Iceland, is VERY hot (because its geothermal which means it also smells like sulfur).

Only complaint was the bathroom. Its really small. We had to keep most of our toiletries in another room. Also, the shower is one of those where the floor of the shower is part of the floor of the bathroom (you can see this in one of the professional photos). The drain in the shower was not working well so the water flowed from the shower area all over the entire bathroom floor. So it was wet at night when we went to the bathroom etc. When we were leaving, I advised the owner who said he would look into it, but frankly I would be surprised if he was not already aware of it. The owner was very nice and gave us (via email) a lot of information.

The owner told us that there was plenty of street parking, but when we arrived at 2am from our flight to Iceland, there was little street parking to be found (we did find a space but a couple doors down the street).

The photos you can find on line for the apartment are fairly accurate (for those applicable to the unit we had). But don’t expect all of the photos to match what you get as it depends on which unit you have. Overall, if I am in Reykjavik again, I would stay here, although I might stay a little closer to the main part of town.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Greg B
Jon J, Owner at 32 Tungata, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Thank your taking time to review my apartment. I value guests reviews as well as them letting me know if something is wrong in the apartment and always respond immediately. In your case on the day you left I received info from you via email about the shower drain not functioning and immediately went to the apartment and made sure it was fixed. Im sorry that you had this experience but I am also sorry that you insinuate that I already knew about this problem - I did not. The problem was caused by a label from a shampoo flask that had gone down the drain.

Best regards and thanks again for staying at my apartment.

Jón

Reviewed 15 June 2016

Have always stayed in hotels before,but this apartment is excellent for location (but be aware that,like us,you have to push a manual wheelchair,the property is on a hill! It's my fault-I should have Google-Earthed it!). It is minimally furnished in a retro style (we loved it!),but has everything you need. Excellent well-equipped kitchen,plenty of heating if you need it and,most important of all, REALLY comfortable beds! Very clean throughout. Free WiFi. Very helpful friendly owner (just like all the Icelandic people). I shouldn't be giving this such a good review-it might not be available next time I want to book it!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Christine M
Jon J, Owner at 32 Tungata, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Thank you for taking time to review my apartment. I value this and do take notice of all critic good or bad.

Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

Loved out stay at 32 Tungata. We stayed in a two bedroom basement apartment. It was very cozy. It almost felt like a cabin in the woods but located just a few blocks from the city center. The manager was supper nice and even met us in the early morning to let us leave our bags. Great place, great location.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

We stay in tungata apartment over a year ago and still now thinking it was our best Holliday!very nice and comfy accommodation near by to Centrum! We did loads of trips and all of them where fantastic! we saw northen lights even from our apartment but you must be lucky to see them!I will be happy to come back!!Thank you Reykjavik!!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple