“It is the reason why it is No1 things to do in Reykjavik”

Islenski Hesturinn, The Icelandic Horse - Riding Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The horse rental in Reykjavík, Iceland. Small family firm with personal service.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“It is the reason why it is No1 things to do in Reykjavik”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

The experience was unforgetable. Even now a week later I still can not talk about it to my friends. Riden horse only couple times before, all in South America, where they just give you a horse and off you go, that was an eye opener how it should be doen. Begga is amazing at her job, she not just give us a valuable advise but explain a lot about famous tolt. Horse are very trained and more like a pet , dog then a horse. They came to stokes and head buttering (our cat does that). They are very nice nature and well behaive, sometimes nauty in a nice kind of way. The tolt itself was just out this world, the feeling is amazing. Could not recommend more enought to anyone to go with Begga and try it's famouse icelandic tolt. My husband was very nerveous , as he never been on a horse before. I am so glad tht his first experiance was with Islenski Hesturinn and Begga. Even now he is keep telling everyone how great it was.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reykjavik
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The most wonderful thing about Iceland”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Dont miss this wonderful animal, the Icelandic horse has five gates incluting "tölt"

Visited April 2012
Matthews, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Small horses. Big experience.”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

A wonderful introduction to an Icelandic icon. The owners of this enterprise could not be more gracious.

2 Thank Monck3321
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Fantastic Islandic riding experience”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The family owned Icelandic Horse company was recommended to me from a local friend in Iceland. I came there with my parents who had almost no riding experience and we all enjoyed the riding trip very much, although it was freezing cold. The good introduction at the beginning of the ride is very interesting and gives a confident feeling to everybody. Later on the ride the horses are very gentle and all riders are well taken care of by the accompanying staff. I loved the special way to run of the Icelandic horse and I am actually now looking for a stable with Icelandic horses close to my home. An extra nice touch of this tour is that everybody gets pictures by email afterwards. This tour for sure I can highly recommend!

Montreal, Canada
“Best horse ride of my life!”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Though, admittedly, I rode only a few times before this one, it was actually the first time that someone took the time to properly teach me how to ride and tried to interest me in the particularities of the horses that we were gonna ride. And what horses they were! Beautiful, sociable, calm and yet they all had their own personality. The ride we did was throughout some lava fields near the ranch and the views were nothing but spectacular. There is no need to bring your own camera because Begga and Sveinn took some nice pictures of us during the ride and sent them to us by email. They also provide coveralls, helmets, rain suits and gloves to make sure that you're gonna enjoy the ride in any kind of weather. Highly recommended!