“Eskimos Tours - Amazing”
Review of Eskimos Iceland

Eskimos Iceland
More attraction details
Owner description: Eskimos Iceland custom-designs itineraries for individuals, small groups and travel agencies. We create experiences based on each traveller's time frame, interests and budget. We operate private tours, as well as using partners operators to make you experience the most of Iceland. Our mission is to build your dream trip and saving you the hassle.
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I was organising a sales incentive trip for a group of 8 people from work. I looked at Eskimos scheduled tours but wanted something more bespoke. Heidrum listened to my requirements and orgnaisated a completely bespoke schedule, collecting us from the airport, Blue Lagoon, Quad biking, golden circle tour the following day and then transfers back to the airport on Sunday. Our guide (Baldur) was fantastic, seemed to know everything about the island and good fun also. Heidrun gave extra advice regarding restaurants, bars, clubs and things like dress codes, etc. Huge relief to have our activities schedule managed by experts at reasonable prices, leaving us to have fun and then eat/drink in the evenings.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"thor"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 30 January 2013

We had a wonderful experience on our Eskimo tour - we opted to go to the Reykjanes Peninsual and our tour guide, Hilder was very sweet and knowledgeable. She took us to some beautiful places and acommodated our specific requests to go to the bridge between the continents and end our tour at the Blue Lagoon. The level of professionalism and personal attention in both hte booking process and day out was greatly appreciated and I would definitely use Eskimos again.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Booked horseriding and dog sledding with Eskimos. It all started with a quick email regarding prices etc. Only the next day I had a reponse email with details of the excursions I had requested. I had a couple of other questions with regards to these and again the return emails were quick. When the day we had requested for dog sledding was already booked, we were informed of other days we could attend. When Eskimos heard that I had another excursion booked for that day they offered to organise a change in date of this excurions. All this was done while keeping in close contact via email. Even while we were away we received an email reminding us of the time our pick up was. Eskimos will help you organise all your tours and do it in a very personal manner.
The transport to dog sledding was a private 4x4 driven by an amazing guy who I can unfortunately not remember his name. He had a vast knowledge of the country and the areas we were driving through and was happy to share his knowledge but also stay quiet when he could see we wanted a minute. He even answered our questions about places to eat and dropped us at our desired restaurant on the way home saving us a £7 taxi fare from the hotel.
Trust me. I will use Eskimos again next time I visit Iceland, which will be very soon I hope.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

They were able to setup and book all the tours one week ahead, as I was traveling solo and it was a last minute trip. I was able to tour the golden circle, snow mobile, dog sled, go glacier hiking and ice climbing, quad biking, and horse back riding in January. My entire week was great and I would recommend and use this tour company again the next time I'm in Iceland.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 January 2013

It was our first time to Iceland and I had spent ages trawling Trip Advisor and looking at websites trying to decide what to do and with which operator...there was so much to choose from and many operators offering similar tours that it was getting overwhelming.

Then I found the Eskimos website - it's a great site as you select the types of things you're interested in and then an agent contacts you and sends information sheets about the activities. Our agent was Heidrun and she was so patient and helpful as we went back and forth with questions. We settled on our activities, Heidrun booked it in, online payment system was easy to use and we were emailed vouchers to bring with us - what more could you ask?

En route to Iceland our flight was delayed four hours - a quick phone call to Heidrun and our Northern Lights tour was changed to another night and Heidrun was on standby to help with other changes if our plane didn't make it that evening (which it thankfully did make it)!

I couldn't recommend Heidrun and Eskimos enough to make the most of your Icelandic trip - the activities on offer are truly unique so do as many as you can!