All reviewsshared bathroomdelicious smoothieseach morningguest housebus stopother guestsbeautiful churchnespresso machinebreadbreakfast selectionwe loved our staybig churchdropped offcomfortable bedplace to stayfull kitchenwalking distance
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I can’t say enough about this place. Family owned and operated. They truly care about the guests and their property. I felt so at home here. It was extremely clean. Quality amenities throughout. The location is perfect, just off downtown, quiet and peaceful. If you haven’t booked your stay yet, stay here and you’ll be happy you did.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I wrote a similar review on EXPEDIA. I feel this guesthouse is a gem in the middle of the city. The guesthouse is very well run, clean and organized. they offer a delicious breakfast and every morning the manager prepares fresh juices for all guests. They are incredibly accommodating and they will help with information and other suggestions..
I really enjoyed my staying there. I strongly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
FreyjaGuesthouse, Director of Sales at Freyja Guesthouse & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Francesca,

Thank you for staying with us! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and you were able to take advantage of our service.

We hope to see you again,

Freyja Guesthouse

Reviewed 25 March 2018

This was a great find! Not only were we in a good location but the facilities were And excellent. The room was good - comfy beds and good furnishings and the shared kitchen offered excellent facilities if you want to self cater ( useful if on a budget as eating out is expensive). Initially I had reservations about a shared bathroom but it was well equipped and we waited no longer than 10 minutes to use. ( There is another bathroom if in a real hurry). Breakfast was self serve but we had fresh smoothies every morning and a range of cereals, a waffle maker and mix made up for us, bread and cold selection, plus a good coffee machine, hot chocolate and tea selection plus juice in fridge (drinks available all day). Every afternoon we were welcomed back with a selection of cakes. If you are looking for a home from home atmosphere this is an excellent choice. We got so comfy it was hard to leave!
Location: 10 minute walk from the bus station. Next to the sculpture park and very near Hallgrimkirkja, which is visible from all over the city and a great focal point to get us home. (The church spire is lit up at night). Tours pick up from bus stop 8 right in front of the church. Safe, quiet street and near to one of the main walking routes into the city.

Room Tip: All rooms were good standard. Two floors - short flight of steps to front entrance.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
FreyjaGuesthouse, Guest Relations Manager at Freyja Guesthouse & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Janice,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Freyja.

We hope to see you again in the future :)

Best,

Freyja Guesthouse

Reviewed 1 March 2018

I spend a week at the Freyja Guesthouse and was super happy there. The B&B is conveniently located next to the big church (Hallgrimskirkja), so it's easy to navigate back to the guesthouse from any corner of the city, because you always see the church. At the church is also bus stop nr 8, which is often the pick up point for tours and excursions, it is only a 3 min walk there.
I booked a double room for myself, which gave me enough space to feel comfy and it led right into the lounge, which I often used. I was a bit worried about the fact, that I had to share the bathroom with other guests, but this was absolutly no problem at all. The bathroom was always spotless clean. No need to bring shower gel, shampoo and conditioner! It's all there (Occidane)!! The little kitchen was equipped with a Nespresso machine, milk warmer abd a kettle. The hosts provide you with coffee, wide range of tea, hot chocolate, juices, milk and you even have a little box with ready made waffle ingredients! I made waffles in the morning and they were delicious. Breakfast was plentiful and ready by 6:30 most of the days, although the "official" hours are from 7:30-10:00. I was totally surprised about a nice daily treat - a homemade smoothie!!!!!
The guesthouse is in walking distance to the city center and old harbour, where most of the(boat) tours are leaving from. It is very quiet as it is located in a residential area. the only thing you hear are the church bells!
The hosts are super friendly, warm hearted and do their best to make you feel at home. I felt like an extended family member :) It's perfect for solo travelers and couples.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2018

The guesthouse is ran by a lovely family. We enjoyed our interactions with them and they were very helpful in answering questions or supplying guides/maps. Very close to bus stop 8, making it easy to catch our tours. Everything was clean and very pleasant. The shared bathroom was rarely an issue the four days we were there. Breakfast of waffles and smoothies with other treats was a nice way to start the day. With a full kitchen at your disposal as food is very expensive in Iceland. Felt safe and cozy.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family