All reviews high tech top floor shared living room blue lagoon hotel keflavik one night hot tub reykjanes peninsula balcony luxury sonos versace comfort concierge gadgets tubs toilet
Reviewed 10 September 2017

My wife and I stayed here for a night before an early morning flight. It bills itself as a 5 star hotel. It is not. Yes the rooms are new and modern. And have a lot of hi-tech gadgets. But the room was cramped and none of the hi-tech gadgets worked. I.e., air conditioning and hot water in the bathtub/shower. Barely enough room on either side of the bed to get into the bed. Little room for suitcases in the room. The living room is nice. But completely non functional as you share with the guests in the other suites. All guests need to walk through the living room to get to their bedrooms. There is a Jacuzzi, but difficult to access and overlooks a street. Not inviting.

Upon arrival, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. After hours, there is no one around.

We were promised breakfast in the morning. It wasn't ready.

We had dinner in the restaurant which was very, very good.

Overall, a lousy end to a great 10 day trip around Iceland.

Definitely not worth the money.

Room tip: Avoid the suites. Maybe try the hotel.
Date of stay: July 2017
3  Thank bobk56
Steinþór J, Owner at Diamond Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thank you for your message letting us know about your experience at our hotel. We regret that your experience was not entirely positive and we thank you for taking the time to bring it to our attention.

Your feedback is very valuable to us and we will use it to improve our services and prevent issues like what you experienced. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and show you that your negative experience was an exception and not a rule.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Me and my girlfriend both agreed that this was one of the most overtly excellent hotel experience we've ever had. All the high-tech ambiance stuff was very easy to operate and the bathroom was just insane. Just over-the-top niceness.

Excellent Sonos speaker system in place ofcourse and the view is real pretty. Did some nice sunbathing on the balcony obviously which, though shared among the suites, is really well located sun-wise.

Top notch!

Room tip: We got the Ruby suite and it really had a good vibe. That bathroom...
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind message, we are delighted to note that you had a pleasant experience during your stay with us and appreciate your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

We checked in Tuesday, June 13th in the evening after an amazing day at the Blue Lagoon. Unfortunately there are no direct shuttles from Hotel Keflavik/Diamond Suites to the airport, bus terminal, or Blue Lagoon itself. But transportation is still doable, and cabs aren't too expensive.

The woman with long blond hair (I wish I were better at understanding the Icelandic language to remember names!) was amazing, so welcoming and helpful. She showed us the gorgeous room (we were in the Sapphire suite with its own jacuzzi on the balcony). That staff member was absolutely amazing. And we got our complimentary wine and robes and slippers which were soooo comfortable. Additionally, later in the night, I had misread the documents and thought they had Room Service late. The staff member working that night (Tuesday, June 13) was also amazing, a woman with shorter hair, and was so gracious as to get us some sandwiches from the kitchen. So far, the staff had proven to be so intimate and welcoming, we were floored.

Also, the room is incredible. Diamond Suites is its own floor within Hotel Keflavik, and it includes several suites each with its own theme and decoration. Ours had a pop art, contemporary, sleek, overthetoptechnology theme -- all of which I'm all about. None of the suites are particularly large.

On the Diamond Suites floor there is a common lounge that includes its own jacuzzi as well. So, anybody staying at the other suites--don't fret. The only issue for us in Sapphire, however, is the common jacuzzi is within eyesight of our "private" jacuzzi! Nonetheless, the jacuzzi was one of my favorite parts of the stay, so not complaining. The bathroom was ridiculously hi-tech, the toilet almost to a fault. A bunch of image communication for the "remote" for the toilet (no joke) were a bit confusing... as in I wound up spraying my butt from the toilet. It even has buttons to put up and down the toilet seat. A little unnecessary but cool nonetheless. I hate heated seats, but it did have a heated seat option and even, I believe, a fan option lol. Pretty crazy.

The lights are all button controlled which can be both good and bad. Either way it was awesome to have a variety of mood colors to choose from, from a calming violet to a vibrant yellow. Most amazing was the shower/whirlpool tub in the bathroom. It had mood lightings as well, a rain-style showerhead that really is large and amazing, with control over the pressure and the heat, as well as a detachable sprayer, AND a nice tall tub with tons of jets and options galore. You can have it all on at once! Warm water spilling over your head like rain while dipped inside a bubbling, rumbling whirlpool tub with a nice violet lighting? Can't be beat. I also read in that tub a lot since I could be naked, which I was unfortunately unable to be in the balcony jacuzzi. I tend to be warm, so the impersonal button-controlled air conditioning was quite meh. I prefer a fan-type air conditioner for more control (and for sound, since there's a port of some sort? nearby and the seagull sounds get quite crazy). One night in particular I had a really warm night, and my allergies were acting up, and I barely slept. Which was a part of the trip, since we left at 7pm from America, and arrived in the morning Iceland-time, went straight to Blue Lagoon, etc. The time change plus that crazy scheduling meant sleep was hard to get (for me). The blinds are also button-controlled (it's the "My" remote, by the way... took me awhile) and do a decent job at blocking out the almost-all-night sunlight.

I am big into watching my own movies while staying at a hotel, so I was glad to see access to Netflix and YouTube via AppleTV. It was frustrating that Hulu is noninternational, but that is not the hotel's fault. Though perhaps not intended, the back of the TV is loose/off so that you can plug in your own HDMI (if you can figure out that remote; it took me a bit). There is also a desktop computer there that hooks directly from the wall to the TV. Unfortunately, they have the computer set up not to go on the Internet or YouTube and such (probably to prevent viruses, but still disappointing). The literature said there would be an iPad as well, but I could not find it. The literature also said there would be adaptors for plugs, but they were not there. Fortunately, there are many USB ports, even next to the bed, so that you can charge most things. Frustrating, though, that I couldn't charge my laptop which I used to show movies on the TV. What's cool is the TV pivots so it can face the bed but also (just barely) be visible to the jacuzzi which, if you've seen my other reviews, you know I love being able to watch a movie from a hot tub!

I had a great experience, overall. I got to watch my movies, enjoy the phenomenal bathroom, and the normal Hotel Keflavik WiFi worked well (the password we were given did not work, and a guy came up to help the next day on Wednesday, June 14 and it still didn't work). He had also come up because there was a speaker out by our jacuzzi, but it did not play. Oh yeah how'd I forget! There are speakers throughout the room, hooked up to the Mac which has Spotify. That proved to be verrryy nice. That's why it would have been nice to have access to YouTube directly from the Mac for better sound quality than the TV. He got the speaker to work only via our phone having the Sonos app. The balcony was meh and the seat was dirty and hard to sit in. The balcony really is only used for the jacuzzi. Unfortunately, the door into the see-through room cover around the hot tub (which allows for aurora views during the winter I hear) was broken, so I couldn't block the wind and make a little steam room of my own on the balcony. Could have been fun.

Thursday, June 15 proved to be more difficult. The lady who worked the night of Wednesday, June 14, did not seem very focused or helpful. She didn't understand what we were talking about when we told her we needed our breakfast delivered to the common lounge area at 6:45 on Thursday. Thursday was our big day

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank Jordan T

Reviewed 29 March 2017

This place is amazing!!! Best of everything!! WOWWW!!!! I could not believe the detail of the Versace in here, stunning rooms, large cozy, luxe, everything thought through!! Super high tech everything, i was super impressed!!! even the breakfast crockery was all Versace, it was 5 star all the way!!!

Room tip: I loved my room with the high circular spa in the suites on the top floor!!
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Steinþór J, Owner at Diamond Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear Eliza,

Thanks for your stay and good review. We are working hard to make Diamond Suites a special place. Your review shows we are on the right way.

Steini Jonsson

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

I loved everything about the Diamond Suites. The service was excellent and the attention to details in and around the suites is really first class. I'm looking forward to my next visit there and would recommend this hotel to anyone anywhere.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Gunnar,

Thanks for your stay and good review on our 5 star hotel and breakfast. We are working hard to make Diamond Suites a special place for all our guests. Your review shows we are on the right way.

Hope to see you again in Keflavik.

Steini Jonsson