See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 February 2017

The Airport Inn is one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. The process of checking in is impossible if you don't have the internet prior to your visit. The location is literally in the middle of a decommissioned military base.

Stayed: May 2016
Reviewed 23 December 2016

Simple, but extremely clean room was a joy to get to right outside the airport after a night flight. Very good price. No regular attendant, so you will need your code to get in. It is the second white building , in the back. Would definitely use it again if we fly in to Iceland even for a stopover. Great use and remake of old US base barracks.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2016

We arrived at the Airport Inn after a few incredible weeks of camping around Iceland, with only two objectives - to have a decent shower and a comfortable sleep before getting on a plane back to the UK. We didn't think this was too tall of an order, however, this proved to be wrong. Not only was our stay incredibly inconvenient (we paid $35 USD to get EACH WAY from the airport, which was no more than a 5 minute taxi ride), but it was also super unpleasant. Our room was small and smelt awful. I tried to shower and found that, after 30 seconds, the water flow completely halted and didn't come back, so I ended up having to squat in the dirty bathtub and try and wash my hair. I went to try and use the washing machine facilities and opened one 'empty' machine, which was actually filled with weeks-old dirty water which promptly flooded me and my dirty clothes as soon as I opened the door. The bed sheets were filthy and it ended up being the least comfortable night of our time in Iceland. Don't bother - spend the extra few dollars on a decent stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank clairejamieson
Reviewed 19 October 2016

We had an early flight out from the airport nearby so this hotel was very convenient for us. Very reasonable price. Basic but Clean and quiet.
No TV in room, but there is a common lounge with large TV, kettle, water, fridge, etc.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2016

Once you're in your room, you could be in any hotel, perfectly adequate though no luxury. Its in a lonely place and there's no reception, just your key in an envelope waitiing for you. Think of it as just a (cheap, but why pay more?) place to shower and sleep before (or after) your flight. It's literally five, maybe ten, minutes from the airport.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple