Park Inn by Radisson Reykjavik Keflavik Airport
Great 4.5/5
Base Hotel(Keflavik)
Airport Inn(Keflavik)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsclose to the airportlast nightblue lagoonhotel roomfree shuttleclean roomsrooms are bigicelandic standardskeflavik airportgreat roomwafflesbreakfast is servedmin driveearly checkrental carnorthern lightsvocal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Checked into this international chain as we have done a few times. Also a member of the hotel chain. Having been on a wonderful and educational whale watching tour as so many do and go to Iceland for, we were alarmed to see whale meat on the menu which is totally inexcusable. We had a wonderful meal at the local Italian. The only way to stop them serving this and stop the trade is you stay away from the hotel until they remove it. We will return one day but only when they do not serve this shocking gimmick which is only for tourist amusement as local Icelandic’s do not eat it.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Steve I
IHGuest R, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Reykjavik Keflavik Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Dear Steve I,

Thank you very much for your feedback and the loyalty to our hotels. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the menu offered in our restaurant. We do cater for variety of tastes and preferences. However I understand your point. As we are constantly reviewing our services your opinion and observations are valuable to us.

I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations this time. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again and provide you with a pleasant experience in all aspects of your stay.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here one night because we had an early flight home in the morning. The location is great 10 minutes to the airport. But, I was so unbelievably disappointed by the staff. When we booked we booked a baby cot specifically. On their website it states in several places this was available. However when we got there at 16:00 there was no bed. They promised a bed by 18:00. At 18:30 when I asked where it was they told me that they had to go and buy one. And they would bring it up as soon as possible. Bed arrived at 20:15. It was great having a tired 2 year old and no bed. The room is just basic. But it’s clean. Recommend it if you just need a place to put your head. But if traveling with kids please double check they have the furniture as promised.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
IHGuest R, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Reykjavik Keflavik Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear Jen V,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. It is good to see that the location suited your travel needs. However I am sorry that you were disappointed with the service provided during your stay. That is not the impression we want our guests to leave with. I very much regret that the cot was not available on your arrival and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience it caused.

We appreciate you giving us this feedback. It is valuable to hear from our guests as we are constantly working on increasing the guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I spent one night there for business. Very friendly people, the rooms clean and a very amazing atmosphere with the rest of the old library. The lobby and the restaurant had a very nice christmas decoration.

Stayed: December 2017

Dear selva1211,

We appreciate you very much taking the time to write these nice words. We are glad that you enjoyed the friendly atmosphere as well as the clean rooms. It is also great to read that you liked the christmas decorations. Comments like yours motivate us to keep up the work.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again!

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

I would have given this property an average rating but the staff was very friendly so I went with very good.

There is nothing wrong with this property. It is a simple, basic hotel. The room was clean.

The breakfast was very average but sufficient to start the day well nourished.

The restaurant attached to the hotel, I think it is called The Library, has a nice atmosphere. It has a very cool look to it. I did not eat here but it was packed and came highly recommended.

This is definitely a good option when visiting Keflavik.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
IHGuest R, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Reykjavik Keflavik Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear BigRC78 ,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for your feedback. We are happy to read that our staff left you with such a good impression. Comments like yours are really motivating and rewarding. Having only recently opened the concept restaurant Library Bistro Bar we are pleased to see your positive comments. However I am sorry that the breakfast did not fully meet your expectations. Your opinion will count on our way to improve and perfect the services.

We appreciate your recommendation and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before going to another hotel and it exceeded our expectations. The lady at the desk, Christina, was so helpful in booking us taxis and searching for the best price as Iceland is very expensive! The room itself was huge! And really clean. We had tea and coffee but the only downfall is that there wasn’t any milk for my tea! We went for a walk from the hotel and were lucky to see the northern lights from the harbour at the end of the road! We wanted to eat in the hotel but unfortunately this was fully booked so I would recommend booking in advance. We went to a pizza place down the road called Fernandos which was really good.

Overall, lovely stay and perfect for what we wanted. Thank you!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear ellie4630,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this lovely review. It is so good to see that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you in particular for your positive comments about Christina and her 5 star service. I will make sure she receives them.

Last but not least it is great to know that you had the opportunity to experience the magical northern lights from the harbour down the road!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again if your travels take you back to Iceland.