Viking Village Hotel(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$311
US$197
T10 Hotel Iceland(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
US$184
Hotel Vellir(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$201
Hotels.com
Guesthouse Alfar(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Breakfast included
Route 1 Guesthouse(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$185
US$172
US$135
US$130
Hlid Fisherman's Village(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$160
Vibrant Iceland Hostel(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$73
Lava Hostel(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$102
Hostelworld.com
All reviewsthe bushotel hafnarfjordurporridgesmall kitchenettenorthern lightschinese restauranttaco bellskyrcity centrefleetway travelindustrial estatemini kitchenbreadcrockery and cutlerythe ground floorblue lagooncontinental breakfast
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Rooms were clean and quite big and even offered kitchen utilities. Hotel offers good value. Location is good if you have a rental car for example. Breakfast is ok for the price of the hotel. Not great but at least you get skyr.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Good hotel ,clean rooms ,budget room a bit small but not a problem. No heating in bathroom but wasn't necessary,sulphurous water takes a bit of getting used to, egg mist is part of Iceland & does smell a bit but all part of natural water,no drama ,just different to U.K. . No view as such from bedroom but that's fairly obvious from hotel location. Busy road outside caused NO noise problem for sleeping & heating in the room was efficient . Very fairly priced hotel with fresh breakfast ,the hotel does charge 5euros to take food from the breakfast area but considering the prices of many food outlets this is not unreasonable in my opinion.The hotel is very convenient for local supermarkets if u want to keep your visit cheap,equally within 5 minutes walk there are 2 KFC ,I purchased one fries ,one coffee & one cheese quesadilla that only came to around 11GBP , So it is not outrageously priced to pick up fast food.There are local restaurants also 5 mins away ,little more expensive but we didn't visit so cannot comment on them . Grayline tours provided great door to door sight seeing tours,which was handy in severe weather as no need to struggle out of the hotel before leaving ,just step out & away you go ! Bus stop outside hotel goes to Reykjavik for about £6.95 GBP ,tickets available from hotel reception. 15mins approx & you are in the city . Taxi's on the other hand are very expensive , use the buses to save money. if you are looking for value for money & convenience this hotel cannot be faulted . Grayline tours also do direct transfers to & from the hotel for a far better price than a taxi . Would use this hotel again definitely.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
NordureyhotelRR, other at Nordurey Hotel Reykjavik Road, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thank you for the kind words!
Hotel Norðurey

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Good location for my purposes right near the junction of routs 40 and 41, near good grocery store and a few fast food joints. Breakfast was good, well provisioned & European style. Room was clean if a bit spartan & solid Wi-Fi. Most of the staff I encountered were friendly and aimed to please although they tend to hide behind a GIANT computer monitor while working their phone......millennials! what can you do? Sigh......... I don't know if this is an Expedia thing or what as this has happened to be twice before, but when I do not book direct with the hotel I get the sh**y room! I DID get a 4 person room as noted by the front desk when I brought up the issue. However....... I did not get the room in the picture....a remodeled room with microwave and larger television as per the room description. I got a room with the worlds most uncomfortable couch, no microwave and a 32" TV. This is not my first visit to this wonderful country and I have vowed to stay at a name brand hotel next time and with my luck.......

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a long weekend, had a great time, hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff were so friendly and helpful, couldn’t ask for more !
Lots to do in walking distance and bus stop right outside.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for our 1 week stay in Iceland. The front staff were great for about the first half of our stay (3 days), and then kind of depressing after that, despite being mostly the same people. In our first room, we accidentally blew a breaker in our room by using our hairdryer. Despite being gone most of the day, they were still unable to fix it, so we moved to a second room. In the second room there was an awful smell in the bathroom for the entirety of our trip, despite having cleaning staff into our room multiple times. One thing to note, it doesn't seem the cleaning staff actually clean rooms that are being stayed in, as we had mud that we tracked in on our first night in our second room that never got cleaned up. Also, on the last two days of our trip we were woken up by cleaning staff outside our room talking very loudly, and then on the final day they actually tried to get into our room despite us having the do not disturb sign on. Now because I don't like to end on a bad note, the breakfast here is awesome. Lots of options and has very tasty stuff.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple