“A pleasant surprise”
Review of Hotel Laxarbakki

Hotel Laxarbakki
Reviewed 12 July 2015

We were on the way to Reykjavik and the kids were tired. We stopped at a roadside hotel, Laxarbakki. Next to a salmon river with beautiful views on the back, we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and newness of the rooms. The owner and his daughter, who by the way spoke also perfect Spanish, were very kind too.

I highly recommend.

Room Tip: The apartments are great.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Laxarbakki

Reviewed 2 July 2015 via mobile

We were just looking for a place to have a snack lunch, saw this venue and hoped they could accommodate us.
We were very warmly welcomed, were made to feel very welcome and presented us with a more than adequate menu. We had a very satisfactory lunch, spoke to the owner which is always nice and had a thoroughly enjoyable time.
Beautiful venue, lovely staff and food, would thoroughly recommend this place.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scottaboyne
Reviewed 7 March 2015

When driving past Laxárbakki you wouldn´t expect that there were excellent, luxurious apartments for rent there. And to add to the experience, the restaurant offers really nice, home cooked style Icelandic food. You also get a nice view from the hot tub, very comfortable beds and the staff is super friendly and helpful. A lovely place and well worth the stay. And the price is also fair!

Room Tip: The apartments are really nice!
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2015

I'm going to be very honest here and say that I have not stopped at this hotel, but as a British person working in conjunction with the Icelanders to boost tourism in the quieter areas of Iceland, I can't see what the previous reviewer is talking about!!

I was being shown around Akranes by my partners in Iceland when we spotted the Hotel Laxarbakki from the road and just decided to drop in on spec for a bathroom break and coffee. Once my friends had told them what I was doing there, these owners really couldn't have been sweeter and kinder to us. They gave us all free coffee and and a light snack whilst we sat and chatted with them for 30 minutes.

They then proceeded to show me EVERY room ( that was available ) and I can only say that I was absolutely amazed and surprised by the quality and spotless cleanliness of the rooms. Each and every one of them were very well equipped with absolutely everything you could possibly need and was immaculate throughout. In fact, for a guy who represents a travel group with over 1000 members, I even commented that I wouldn't want my members staying anywhere else whilst exploring the Golden triangle.

Facts and figures don't lie, the overwhelming majority of reviews on here are extremely positive and complimentary, but ill informed and petty minded reviewers like the one I have highlighted, have NO IDEA what damage such foolish and unfounded comments such as theirs can do to a persons livelihood and business, it's not a fair unbiased review, it's just stupid and reckless.

Don't take my word for it, go there yourselves, if what I'm saying is rubbish I'd be the first to admit I was wrong, however I absolutely guarantee you, that you will just love this place.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Hoppy22
Reviewed 19 September 2014

We were driving in drizzling rain, with mild cold in air,
along the bay of Hvalfjorour, a well known Whale fjord,
on way to Hladir from Akranes in Iceland. Akranes is
located north west of Reykjavik. Bay of Hvalfjorour is a
place where Allied Forces had a naval base during WWII.
We, inadvertently, visited Laxarbakki restaurant.
Laxarbakki is a family run restaurant and guest house
also. Restaurant is specious and modestly decorated.
We enjoyed warm, delicious food at Laxarbakki. Dishes
of Asparagus soup and Cod fish with chips tasted
excellent. Service is good and portions are sumptuous
with reasonable price.
Do not miss this place for eating when in Akranes area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sudhir P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akranes
Hotel Glymur
Hotel Reykjavik Centrum
#20 of 53 in Reykjavik
Fossatun
#1 of 3 in Borgarbyggd

Been to Hotel Laxarbakki? Share your experiences!