“A very nice surprise”
Review of Laxarbakki

and 1 more site!
Laxarbakki
Reviewed 7 March 2015

When driving past Laxárbakki you wouldn´t expect that there were excellent, luxurious apartments for rent there. And to add to the experience, the restaurant offers really nice, home cooked style Icelandic food. You also get a nice view from the hot tub, very comfortable beds and the staff is super friendly and helpful. A lovely place and well worth the stay. And the price is also fair!

Room Tip: The apartments are really nice!
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 January 2015

I'm going to be very honest here and say that I have not stopped at this hotel, but as a British person working in conjunction with the Icelanders to boost tourism in the quieter areas of Iceland, I can't see what the previous reviewer is talking about!!

I was being shown around Akranes by my partners in Iceland when we spotted the Hotel Laxarbakki from the road and just decided to drop in on spec for a bathroom break and coffee. Once my friends had told them what I was doing there, these owners really couldn't have been sweeter and kinder to us. They gave us all free coffee and and a light snack whilst we sat and chatted with them for 30 minutes.

They then proceeded to show me EVERY room ( that was available ) and I can only say that I was absolutely amazed and surprised by the quality and spotless cleanliness of the rooms. Each and every one of them were very well equipped with absolutely everything you could possibly need and was immaculate throughout. In fact, for a guy who represents a travel group with over 1000 members, I even commented that I wouldn't want my members staying anywhere else whilst exploring the Golden triangle.

Facts and figures don't lie, the overwhelming majority of reviews on here are extremely positive and complimentary, but ill informed and petty minded reviewers like the one I have highlighted, have NO IDEA what damage such foolish and unfounded comments such as theirs can do to a persons livelihood and business, it's not a fair unbiased review, it's just stupid and reckless.

Don't take my word for it, go there yourselves, if what I'm saying is rubbish I'd be the first to admit I was wrong, however I absolutely guarantee you, that you will just love this place.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Hoppy22
Reviewed 19 September 2014

We were driving in drizzling rain, with mild cold in air,
along the bay of Hvalfjorour, a well known Whale fjord,
on way to Hladir from Akranes in Iceland. Akranes is
located north west of Reykjavik. Bay of Hvalfjorour is a
place where Allied Forces had a naval base during WWII.
We, inadvertently, visited Laxarbakki restaurant.
Laxarbakki is a family run restaurant and guest house
also. Restaurant is specious and modestly decorated.
We enjoyed warm, delicious food at Laxarbakki. Dishes
of Asparagus soup and Cod fish with chips tasted
excellent. Service is good and portions are sumptuous
with reasonable price.
Do not miss this place for eating when in Akranes area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sudhir P
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Although the accommodations where comfortable and clean, it was frustrating that the host couldn't hold a basic conversation with us in English, like when does the Hot Tub open?

Wi-fi access was only available in the main area which closed at 10pm and we had anticipated having access in our room. The biggest disappointment was the breakfast for 1,600 ISK which consisted of toast, hard boiled egg and cold cereal. Really!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed one night in one of the self-catering studios. It was bright, clean, modern and generally well equipped, although perhaps a little short in the crockery department. The main drawback was that although wifi was advertised, which we wanted, the studio itself only contained wired internet, so our mobile devices were useless. There was also no cable or satellite tv, just local channels However, the restaurant and bar has wifi and staff were happy to give us the password when we went in for a couple of drinks. We didn't eat there in the evening but did pay extra for breakfast, which was pricy and basic but plentiful and served with a friendly smile - everyone was courteous, friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family