Lowest prices for your stay
US$162
View deal
Free cancellation until 03/07/21
Hotels.com
Booking.comUS$162
PricelineUS$163
eDreamsUS$162
All reviews centrally located hotel lovely room underground parking facility easy access breakfast buffet free wifi standard room sauna winter
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2019

I stayed at Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna for a work trip. This hotel exceeded my expectations. The room was very clean and had everything you could need, including a large water-cooker and assortment of tea. The breakfast was excellent, the hotel gym was better than average, and the sauna was a nice oasis at the end of a conference day. I even got an ergonomic pillow delivered to my room for an extra 5 euros per day. The hotel also has small, private fridges for use during your stay. Although the rooms are not big, and the hotel is a chain, these small touches really made my stay special. I felt like I got more than I paid for!

Room tip: Top floor with a view to the market square
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 19 July 2019

The hotel is well located in the city center within Rewell shopping center (odd street address for Finland derives from this). Hotel main entrance opens to a walkway within the shopping center. If you arrive late, there's a buzzer on the shopping center entrance to the reception (always manned). Restaurants are on the second floor - you can enter from the shopping center also, so these appear not to be dedicated for the hotel. Quite nice food and good breakfast. My room was pretty small although tidy. In the whatever business accommodation class I got there was no minibar either. So if you'd want a soda or beer and potato chips in the room, you need to walk to R-Kioski inside the shopping center (100 m or so). My room had a view of the shopping center roof ... not nice looking at all but quiet. Checkout was quick, with check-in there was bit of a queue and it took time. Wifi connection was superb, both upload and download well in excess of 150 Mbit/s. All in all nice hotel and well equipped - there's a bit of a "hotel chain" feeling to it but not too much. With a nicer room it would be four stars and anyway ok for a business stay.

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank peki321
henkku, Guest Relations Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2019

Hello,

thank you for you review! Nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us :).
We have a Mini Shop in the reception on the first floor, open 24/7. From there you can buy drinks, chips, sweets etc. Next time, you should ask for a room on the higher floors whit a view of the market square :).

Have a nice summer!

Kind regards,
Henriette.

Reviewed 10 June 2019 via mobile

Arrived after 6 o’clock pm. You still have a room without prepermission.
Reading tireness of my face and arrange silence and better room you’ve thought.
The room key is not working and back to the basic again. After 15 minutes you get a gift and regrets to you room. Because you had to come back to the reception. So happy.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Camper661815
Reviewed 30 May 2019 via mobile

Great hotel with great location. Best location at the squere of Vasa. Room was nice with a view over the squere. Extremely quiet room. Breakfast was great. Parking in the underground parking was good.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2019

I liked the central location at the Marketplace and a good choice of restaurants and pubs nearby. The breakfast is rich, but not extraordinary. My room had a view on the marketplace. Everything works. I could come here again.

Date of stay: May 2019