Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$101
Hotels.comUS$101
PricelineUS$101
ZenHotels.com
eDreamsUS$101
FindHotel
All reviews make your own bunk beds free wifi cabin castle city
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2021

Decent stay for short stay.
However not for people with difficulties to walk /move, nor for a bigger sized person.

An old ship, with steep stairs and narrow corridors and tight spaces. Cabins are fairly small with small bathrooms, esp. showers. Bed linens ready in the cabin, but having to make your own bed.

Decent breakfast to start the day. Free morning sauna, although sauna is bit dated with tight spaces.

Friendly staff, free parking (motorcycles can be left right next to the boat) nice bar at sun deck with couple of loungechairs.

Room tip: Not for people with difficulties to walk /move, nor for a bigger sized person.
Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 29 April 2021

This hostel is a bit of a mixed bag. It was really interesting and unusual to stay on an old cruise ship....but the stay was far from comfortable. Everything on the ship is extremely dated. The room was pretty rubbish- really small and cramped, there was no way to control the temperature so the room was draughty and cold. My porthole flap was stuck open so it was extra draughty and light at night. The walls were so incredibly thin that I could hear every time the person next door got a text. There was a sink in my room (shared bathroom) but the drain smelled horrible. There was a breakfast included which was very disappointing, there was ham, cheese, museli and not much else (toast would have been nice and not too hard to add).
It was clean and the location is OK, it's right opposite the castle and is a nice half hour or so walk along the river into town, there are not really many restaurants or supermarkets too close by.
I thought it was expensive (42 euro a night) for what you got. It is a cheaper option for Turku....but you can pay less than that in other cities and get a proper hotel. If I had got this room in a normal hotel I would have been very unhappy and would be giving 1 star, but it is cool to stay on an old ship, although you couldn't go on most of the decks. If you've never been on one it might be worth staying, but after 2 nights the novelty had definitely worn off. If you do stay, only stay 1 or maybe 2 nights. If I visit Turku again I wouldn't stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 6 August 2020

I stayed in a single person room (two bunk beds)

Pros
+ has free parking at the pier (request permit when checking in)
+ has free wifi
+ breakfast buffet is included (limited, but good)
+ not in the city center but still enough close
+ the castle is very near
+ clean

Annoyances
- electric wall socket is on the other side of the bed than the bedside table
- shower is next to the toilet seat so it is a tight space for a big person like me
- no-one actively checks that the rule of silence between 24-07 in the corridors is followed
- you have to make your own bed even when paying 50€+

Cons
- cabin window cannot be opened
- the upper bunk bed could not be rised to the wall so you cannot sit straight on your (lower) bed.

Suggestions:
+ please give the rule of silence in the corridors between 24 to 07 to all persons traveling with kids in A4 size so that they cannot say we did not know.

Will come again.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 30 August 2019 via mobile

We were three three nights in June. Our cabin was clean and peaceful. Breakfast was decent enough since the place is mostly Run by students of TAI. Little far from centrum but transportation nearby works. Only minus is that there was no hot water in our cabin but there is free sauna every morning. Common kitchen is also good!!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2019 via mobile

Staying aboard this retired steam ship was a treat! Prior to booking, I read a few reviews that were very negative - but loving that sea going experience, I decided to take the chance and was glad I did. Was our cabin small? Of course it was...but having been the owner of a very small trawler, I am accustomed to compact living. The cabin was clean and cool and the linens were crisp and clean - no, I don't mind making my own bed. It was Sunday, and there was live music in the bar all afternoon. Breakfast was ample with choices of boiled eggs, cold meats and cheeses, hot cereal and muesli, rolls, juices and coffee.

It was a nice change from hotels and a nice walk into town.

Date of stay: August 2019