Lowest prices for your stay
US$127
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$122
TravelocityUS$122
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Perfectly adequate hotel, around a 15 - 20 min walk from the centre of Tampere in a quiet neighbourhood. Staff were very pleasant and friendly. Reception closes around 7pm so it might be a hassle if you're planning a late arrival - once checked in, they give you a combination code (which changes regularly) to get through a door into the hotel if the reception is closed. Room was basic but had been recently tastefully redecorated. Bathroom dates from the 70s/80s but was spotlessly clean, the shower had plenty of pressure and everything was fine. Wifi was fast and easy to use. An updated TV in the room showed all the usual Finnish channels plus a few international ones. Beds were comfortable with nice bedlinen. Breakfast was very good - loads of choice, fresh, decent quality. Overall this was a good value place to stay and if you're on a budget or just need somewhere simple to stay it would be a good choice.

Room tip: I suspect they are pretty well all the same
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank MajorVoid
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Good, simple hotel, about 10-15 minutes from the centre. Rooms are medium-small size, fine for one or two nights. Bathroom was looking a bit old, but functional. Breakfast is fine, we did not miss anything.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 27 July 2017

This property isn't easy to find. Especially troublesome during my July 2017 visit because road construction disrupted local streets. Check-in only available during relatively narrow hours, but if you have a local phone number the staff can work with you on later check-in. Good, plentiful, parking. Easily walkable to the city center.

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 21 January 2017

Stayed here for a long weekend, I highly recommend it for 2-3 day long stays. It's not that expensive, not so far from the center (e.g. railway station is few stops away), also a bus station is quite near, so that you can get back easily. I visited Nokia city as well, as it's really near Tampere by bus and worth a visit ;)
There's bus schedule prepared at the hotel reception desk, so that you can check in advance - as I can recall 2 bus lines running nearby the hotel. The main sightseeing attractions are in a walking distance too, if you like wandering around. I didn't have much connection with the hotel staff here, but they were kind when I arrived/left, I had no issues.
There's a gas station right next to the hotel and it's in the corner surrounded by crossroads too, but the room was really quiet, no complaints. Also there's a little supermarket at that gas station, so you can get some food even late in the evening if you forgot to buy in the center.
Evening sauna and swimming pool is free of charge/included in the rooms - unfortunately I didn't have the chance/time to try. Also wifi is included, was working fine for a holiday trip to check emails, maps, chatting, sending pictures.
It was a really good idea that there was a fridge, microwave oven, tea boiling kettle + tea/honey/milk/coffee and coffee maker as well in the room (all of them quite worn though, but still working), I appreciate these things wherever I travel particularly in the autumn/winter.
I agree with some of the comments that some rooms look really outdated and worn (blue kinds of basic rooms, which I also got), but I'm not complaining as it was still a value for the money spent. I was mainly sleeping in the room and the bed was wide, comfy and neat, I didn't expect more - I even got a triple room for one person :)
Breakfast was a nice selection, restaurant was nicely decorated as well as the hotel interiors, those were more modern than the room interior.
Overall I really enjoyed to be here, I would come back one day for sure!

Date of stay: October 2016
1  Thank Dius2015
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

We only stayed here one night, but that was enough. The whole place is badly dated and in need of modernising. Our room had peeling paint and holes in the walls from long removed fittings. We stayed in around 10 different hotels on our trip around Finland (all for roughly the same price) and this was the worst by some distance.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank BipBopington