Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$124
Hotels.comUS$124
PricelineUS$124
ScandicHotels.comUS$124
TravelocityUS$124
Trip.comUS$124
All reviews one night stay city centre nice hotel bed sauna breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

A one night stay in Tampere made enjoyable by a surprisingly quiet room in Scandic Hämeenpuisto.

The room was on the 6th floor facing to the east, so no street noise was heard at all. Breakfast was good, a standard Scandic level with plenty to choose from.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rarska
Hotel-Scandic-Tamper, Shift leader front office at Scandic Tampere Hameenpuisto, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

Hello!

Thank you for your stay and for this nice review! We are happy to hear everything went well. Hope to see you also another time!

Reviewed 16 November 2019

Great rooms, service, comftorable, near centre od Tampere, street gave many shops, bus neaeby, all available. Sauna, pool, heating on the floor, clean rooms. Friendly staff, big choice of breakfast and lunch food.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Hotel-Scandic-Tamper, Shift Leader Front Office at Scandic Tampere Hameenpuisto, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2019

Hello,

thank you for visiting us and for leaving this great review! I'm happy that you have enjoyed your stay and I'm glad to forward this also to our staff. Hopefully we see you also another time!

Reviewed 8 October 2019

It was very unexpected to find a stylish hotel inside the dull-looking building.

The hotel is located next to a park near Tampere Workers' Theatre where we went for a musical in the evening.

The rooms are small but practical. The hotel is a former Cumulus Hotel. The lamps above the bed reminded of that. Otherwise, the room had a black-green decor instead of the Cumulus blue.

The black wall next to the bathroom had been wiped with a dirty cloth and it didn't look nice.

The breakfast was pleasantly calm and had the usual Scandic selection plus the black sausages for which Tampere is famous for.

The senior rate of 119 euros for a superior room had a good value.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Mikael F
Hotel-Scandic-Tamper, Janika, vastaanotto at Scandic Tampere Hameenpuisto, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2019

Hi Mikael!
Thank you for valuable review.
I´m very sorry to hear problems with cleaning. I will forward your message to our housekeeping.
We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 21 September 2019 via mobile

Spent here two nights on a business trip. We came to Tampere by train and as our meetings were held near the railway station, the location of the hotel seemed a bit off at first. It’s walkable from the station, and the walk from the station to the hotel is pretty enjoyable (at least via Kehräsaari). On the other direction Sokos on Hämeentie is actually pretty close.

You could tell this used to be a Cumulus hotel before the merge, but the rooms are renovated (so don’t get horrified by those bright blue textiles some photos here have). I liked the bathroom. The room had twin beds. Breakfast was basic Scandic. All Scandics seem to have some specialty on their breakfast and this hotel had mustamakkara and talkkuna. Didn’t try, though. To me their breakfast was a bit boring, I had all the things I always eat at Scandic and that’s it.

Even though the location felt a bit off at first, I actually liked it and it made me see new places at Tampere and that’s why I’m giving 4 stars and not three. Very basic, but nothing wrong either.

TLDR: Renovated rooms, photos with darker interior design are up to date. You can tell this used to be a Cumulus, but pretty basic Scandic nowadays.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank katariinam
Hotel-Scandic-Tamper, Shift Leader Front Office at Scandic Tampere Hameenpuisto, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2019

Hello,

thank you for your visit and for leaving a constructive review, we appreciate it! Nice to hear that you enjoyed our location and your stay in general here in Tampere. Hopefully see you also another time also!

Best Regards,
Janita

Reviewed 20 August 2019

I stayed one night as i wanted to check out museums and vintage shops in Tampere. Tampere has lot to offer and hotelroom was nice. I missed waterkettle and complimentary coffee in the room, but otherwise no fault. I allways hope that hotels would have larger selection of pillows as i need very flat one. Their selection included soft and hard. Not flat though.
Room was clean with aircon. Great breakfast and local "mustamakkara" black sausage was nice touch at breakfast selection.
Little further away from center i didn't mind but worth noting.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Kirsi S
Hotel-Scandic-Tamper, Shift Leader Front Office at Scandic Tampere Hameenpuisto, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2019

Hello Kirsi,

and thank you so much for your visit and for leaving a constructive review. All the suggestions considering also room equipment are welcome. I'm glad that you in general had a pleasant stay here with us and in Tampere! Welcome also another time.