Lowest prices for your stay
US$132
View deal
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$132
Travelocity
All reviews friendly receptionist event venue basic breakfast could have been better hotel is located kombucha hall moomin fridge city museum bathrobes floor conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2021

The Courtyard, very new and central, offers better value than most Tampere hotels.

Spacious comfortable rooms, upper floors with great views.

Very helpful front desk staff - they tracked down missing Bonvoy points I had used for our rooms.

The entire hotel was well run, catering with ease during our stay with gymnast teams from Hungary and Denmark.

A ten minute walk east from the central station.

Recommended.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank Irlantilainen
Reviewed 28 August 2021

Don't recommend. We wen't with family. Front desk didn't know what they were doing, didn't find bookings, until 15min after coming. Didn't understand what was asked, didn't listen when told names or needs. Dear G. TERRIBLE dinner, raw fish and no compensation, all in all, cost over taste. Breakfast TERRIBLE too, quantity over quality. Room service costly, not worth it. Neither any common sence ability. Good was only the decor. Parking 21e/24h!?

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2021

Marriott Tampere is the place to stay if you appreciate world class customer service, fresh & airy rooms and sound sleep. Beds are very comfy and rooms are spotless.

The young crew of this hotel seems to be extremely professional. They made sure we had a lovely time from the moment we stepped on to this property to the very end of our stay. Especially a young manager called Aleksi, who made us feel very welcome. Descreet yet relaxed style to look after a customer!

Other hotel chains in Finland should set them as a standard of how things are done.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank EllaNatalie
Reviewed 8 July 2021

I wanted to try out the Courtyard, as I am so tired of the Finnish hotel industry practically being a duopoly outside the capital. Well, there surely were no tired, minuscule rooms with cheap laminate floors here! The hotel felt pleasant and modern, materials and fabrics were of high quality and staff were friendly.

I checked in at 1 pm and was welcomed by a friendly receptionist who had a room ready for me. The room was of good size and in pristine condition. A fresh fitted carpet, two narrow but comfortable single beds, a desk, a closet (with a safe and an empty minibar), a large mirror on the wall. There was even a small coffee table and a chair. The room would nicely fulfill four star criteria. The A/C was efficient, but I didn’t learn how to turn it off for the night. Wifi was free and fast. However, I was surprised that only one of the bedside tables came with a socket – to charge my phone, I had to find out where they had hidden the alarm clock socket and unplug it. Really?

The bathroom did not feel cramped. It came with a walk-in shower with relatively poor water pressure. Unfortunately, there are no bathtubs at this hotel. I do appreciate the single-use toiletries, as these are far more hygienic than the gallon-size containers some hotels place on the bathroom walls. Apart from shampoo and shower gel, conditioner and body lotion were provided, too. The towels were fresh and soft, and of good quality. The toilet paper was of high quality, as well.

The hotel has resorted to the same savings trick as many others lately – rooms are cleaned every three days only, ”due to covid”. Daily cleaning was available on request, though.

The one, big letdown was breakfast (weekdays 7–11, weekends 7–12). Firstly, they wanted you to book a 30-min time slot the night before, ”to reduce crowding”. But when you arrive at the breakfast room, it is insanely crowded and 15 minutes of that time slot is spent standing in a queue, with your tray in your hands, waiting to access the buffet, which was more of an assembly line than a hotel breakfast buffet. Frankly, it felt more like a construction workers’ canteen than a leisurely start of the day.

The food itself was okay, fresh breadrolls, Karelian pasties, cold cuts, two or three hot items, muesli, youghurt. Nothing out of the ordinary, but everything was of high quality. Some fresh fruit, cakes and chocolates were available, as well. They did run out of glasses, utensils and what not, though. The whole thing was a stressful mess, and when you were finally through the slowly-moving line, there were few places left to sit and actually eat the food you had assembled on your tray. Tables were placed very close to each other, which didn’t feel particularly covid-safe, either.

Even though I had prepaid, I decided to skip the breakfast on my second morning after I was informed that the breakfast room would be equally crowded again.

The breakfast room doubles as an informal restaurant in the evenings, Tuesday to Saturday only, from 4 pm onwards. I didn’t try it out, though.

The hotel is located next to Tampere Hall, a bit far from the city centre. Keskustori is 1.5 km away, Stockmann about 1 km. The nearest tram stop is a five-minute walk from the hotel.

I booked last minute, and on my days of travel, this was actually the cheapest full-service hotel available in the city. At 94 EUR a night, including breakfast (at least in theory), the price felt a bit high, but quality is decidedly better than what the duopoly would offer you – at even higher prices.

Would I stay again? I honestly don’t know. I liked the room, which was far better than average. I hated the breakfast, and would have preferred a more central location.

2  Thank ffay005
Reviewed 4 July 2021

My first stay in this new hotel. The staff is very polite and make you feel welcome. Very near city center and easy to find. Clean and quite room. Two elevators is not enough during check out time, but that's very minor problem. Everything else works well. I will defenately stay here again.