“Seafood luch with a great view”

Ravintola Merimesta
Ranked #11 of 87 Restaurants in Pori
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Lunch time. Starters from table, all kind of fish. Main course fish or beef (or pork or lamb) to choose. Take you time and enjoy starters, kitchen will not make you main course beforehand, service is so good that they will watch when you are finished with startes and bring then you main course. Excelent every time.

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

I'd recommend going for a Sunday lunch buffet. Seafood is excellent, but the meaty main dishes a bit boring. But still worth it. For the fish. I would die for scallops though but haven't got those.
Restaurant is located in the beautiful Reposaari, just by the sea with a beautiful view.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

This is very popular restaurant by the sea side view. They offer the best sea food buffet at around 25Eur. the food is fresh and delicious. It gives you the taste of Finnish cuisine. One can order off the menu card too. they have the best Salmon soup one could ever have. Some reviewers might say the place is bit pricey but it is totally worth it. The service is great and the staff extremely polite.

1  Thank FredDee87
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Seafood is excellent. Menu is traditional Finish archipelago style. Sea view gives good boost for this type food.

1  Thank Voituristi
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

I visited Merimesta on the 26th of July. When one pays more than 30 euros for a main dish I usually expect a bit more then Macdonalds style service.

My parents and I decided to sit outside. First I had to go in and get the menis myself. Yes they do have a sign that if sitting outside one has to make their orders at the bar. So I went to get the menus, and then back again to make the orders. I was suprised when making the order that I had to carry the ordered drinks out myself.

Also when I asked the personal to clear our table from the previous dinners they only cleaned half of it, only when asked again all the dirty dishes were gone.

I ordered the steak, which was alright, but the side of potatoes were clearly from the freezer. It just strikes me when paying over 30 euros that one cant get fresh ingridients. My mother got the fish with prawns. Fish was good but for a place that advertises itself as a fish restaurant and then serves watery prawns??? Really??? They were cleary not fresh ones.

Some other things that I found a bit disturbing was that the waitress was pettikö customers dogs and then going back in. I jusy hope that she was washing her hands after.

After finishing and asking for the bill to be brought outside I got an annoying glare. Really I just spend 32 euros on a steak and I am really expected to go and pay the bill at the bar.

I am a Pori local and I can say that I will not return nor will I tell people to go there. I understand that the restaurant can ask more because of their seaside location but it doesnt justify bad service in any way.

1  Thank Sakari M