Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$121
View deal
Expedia.comUS$121
Hotels.comUS$121
PricelineUS$121
TravelocityUS$121
Vio.comUS$121
eDreamsUS$121
All reviews beautiful location rooms are small view of the lake minute walk nice hotel hotel is located free parking excellent breakfast one night stay university city sauna shore
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2020

it`s quite sad that management only tries to make more money
+ we were here again like so many years, but this time we were disappointed. Unfortunately, the overall state of the building and rooms is in need of update - and either management changed or price policy is no longer customer friendly:
+ generally free parking
+ clean room
+ excellent breakfast withhuge food selection
+ extreme friendly multilingual staff
+ very pet freindly

- even the parking is free, but as there are limited spaces available we had to pay 10.- EURO additonal for parking lot reservation (we just wanted to be sure to have a free place for all our car staff)
- cold room
- low-quality toilet paper
- this time no rooms with lake view as we got every visist the last years

Room tip: try to get lake view rooms
Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank ChristianS9055
Reviewed 8 February 2020 via mobile

I was here again after two years. Unfretunately, the overall state of the building and rooms is in need of update.

Minuses: cold room (the heater did not help much) and the low-quality toilet paper.

Pluses: Free parking, friendly service. I have to mention again that the breakfast was indeed very good. They have even improved the food selection since the last time I was here.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2020

I had reserved small 1 person room for one night stay. Room was really small, but worked very well for me. Twin bed was comfortable , only second pillow was missing . Room was really clean . Receptionist very frenly , free car parking and breakfast included in pirce good bonus. Hotel was full but the silence in the night was well appreciated.
Breakfast nothig luxory items , but selection was great, hot milk for coffe great , I hate cold coffee.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Marja K
TommiS270, reception manager at Finlandia Hotel Alba, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2020

Hi Marja K,
Thank you for your views on us.
It's great to read that you visit was comfortable.Your visit sounds like we would want everyone to experience: clean room, good and restful night sleep and plentiful breakfast served with a big smile - That's our goal.

You are correct - the rooms are compact and for those who wish to have little bit more space, we recommend booking the JrSuites wich are 28m2 and have their own sauna.

I'm sorry to hear about the missing pillow - I have no idea what might have happened. But all who is reading this - our staff is happy to correct any mistakes or errors right away.

Thanks again - and we certainly hope to see you again here at Alba

Reviewed 12 November 2019

we stay nearly every year here on our trip to North or South....
- very nice and clean
- rooms bit small
- during last visit some limitations and restricitions due to working and refurbishing
- free parking lot upon request
- very friendly, helpful, multilingual staff
- excellent breakfast with marvellous panoramic view over the lake
= summary: we will come back again

Room tip: roomwith lake panoramic view
Date of stay: February 2019
TommiS270, reception manager at Finlandia Hotel Alba, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2019

Hi ChristianS9055,

Thank you for your views on Finlandia Hotelli Alba
I think I remember you and your annual visits - you have a good perspective for our services.

I really liked the way you calculated the sum - you are always welcome to Hotelli Alba.

Good news - the room renovation is over for now and we have renovated some 70 rooms and bathrooms.
They came out ok actually =) I'm afraid the room sizes did not increase but there is a selection from 11m2 to 28m2 to choose from - we hope there is something for everybody.

Thanks again I certainly hope to see you again next year!

With best regards,

Reviewed 26 September 2019 via mobile

It's convenient smaller hotel, relatively near the Matkakeskus. With heavy or big luggage it's not walkable distance. I loved the staff, they were super nice and helpful! Breakfast was AMAZING , wish I could have eaten more! Room was practical, convenient and modern. Everything was modern and clean at the hotel.
Bring your own pillow though, as they are really slim and only one piece. Women's sauna shift is too early for anyone, which was the inconvenience for me definitely.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Susanna H
Tommi S, reception manager at Finlandia Hotel Alba, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2019

Hi Susanna H
Thank you for your review.
We are so happy that you pointed out the things that we have wanted to upgrade; the breakfast, room cleaning and the customer service with a big smile. Great!

But the pillow thing we need to pursuit next. We have various kinds of pillows and we are happy to change them to a suitable one. So advice for those who read this; you can request a puffy or slim pillow and we'll arrange it. Even after checkin in too.

Sauna - yes I'm afraid we have only one sauna and ladies and gents need take turns - perhaps we can alter the hours... I would like to think so.

Thank you again for your review and hopefully we'll meet again here at Hotelli Alba