Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$102
View deal
Expedia.comUS$101
Hotels.comUS$101
TravelocityUS$101
PricelineUS$102
TripadvisorUS$101
Vio.com
All reviews beautiful location rooms are small view of the lake minute walk nice hotel hotel is located free parking excellent breakfast one night stay university city sauna shore
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 February 2020 via mobile

I was here again after two years. Unfretunately, the overall state of the building and rooms is in need of update.

Minuses: cold room (the heater did not help much) and the low-quality toilet paper.

Pluses: Free parking, friendly service. I have to mention again that the breakfast was indeed very good. They have even improved the food selection since the last time I was here.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2020

I had reserved small 1 person room for one night stay. Room was really small, but worked very well for me. Twin bed was comfortable , only second pillow was missing . Room was really clean . Receptionist very frenly , free car parking and breakfast included in pirce good bonus. Hotel was full but the silence in the night was well appreciated.
Breakfast nothig luxory items , but selection was great, hot milk for coffe great , I hate cold coffee.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Marja K
TommiS270, reception manager at Finlandia Hotel Alba, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2020

Hi Marja K,
Thank you for your views on us.
It's great to read that you visit was comfortable.Your visit sounds like we would want everyone to experience: clean room, good and restful night sleep and plentiful breakfast served with a big smile - That's our goal.

You are correct - the rooms are compact and for those who wish to have little bit more space, we recommend booking the JrSuites wich are 28m2 and have their own sauna.

I'm sorry to hear about the missing pillow - I have no idea what might have happened. But all who is reading this - our staff is happy to correct any mistakes or errors right away.

Thanks again - and we certainly hope to see you again here at Alba

Reviewed 12 November 2019

we stay nearly every year here on our trip to North or South....
- very nice and clean
- rooms bit small
- during last visit some limitations and restricitions due to working and refurbishing
- free parking lot upon request
- very friendly, helpful, multilingual staff
- excellent breakfast with marvellous panoramic view over the lake
= summary: we will come back again

Room tip: roomwith lake panoramic view
Date of stay: February 2019
TommiS270, reception manager at Finlandia Hotel Alba, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2019

Hi ChristianS9055,

Thank you for your views on Finlandia Hotelli Alba
I think I remember you and your annual visits - you have a good perspective for our services.

I really liked the way you calculated the sum - you are always welcome to Hotelli Alba.

Good news - the room renovation is over for now and we have renovated some 70 rooms and bathrooms.
They came out ok actually =) I'm afraid the room sizes did not increase but there is a selection from 11m2 to 28m2 to choose from - we hope there is something for everybody.

Thanks again I certainly hope to see you again next year!

With best regards,

Reviewed 26 September 2019 via mobile

It's convenient smaller hotel, relatively near the Matkakeskus. With heavy or big luggage it's not walkable distance. I loved the staff, they were super nice and helpful! Breakfast was AMAZING , wish I could have eaten more! Room was practical, convenient and modern. Everything was modern and clean at the hotel.
Bring your own pillow though, as they are really slim and only one piece. Women's sauna shift is too early for anyone, which was the inconvenience for me definitely.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Susanna H
Tommi S, reception manager at Finlandia Hotel Alba, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2019

Hi Susanna H
Thank you for your review.
We are so happy that you pointed out the things that we have wanted to upgrade; the breakfast, room cleaning and the customer service with a big smile. Great!

But the pillow thing we need to pursuit next. We have various kinds of pillows and we are happy to change them to a suitable one. So advice for those who read this; you can request a puffy or slim pillow and we'll arrange it. Even after checkin in too.

Sauna - yes I'm afraid we have only one sauna and ladies and gents need take turns - perhaps we can alter the hours... I would like to think so.

Thank you again for your review and hopefully we'll meet again here at Hotelli Alba

Reviewed 25 February 2019 via mobile

A quick one-night stop w/ my wife. Not too far from the city centre. Hipposhalli sporting complex, which was our target, nearby. A plain, clean room, just some dust over bathroom lamps and pipes. Some renovation goin’ on at the time of our visit. Nice restaurant w/ mood lighting, lake/bridge view, good food and service. Outside enough free parking space, off-season at least.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TommiS270, reception manager at Finlandia Hotel Alba, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2019

Dear fitraveler74,
Thanks for the review. We are happy your stay was comfortable and if you were competing in Hipposhalli - we hope there was success too.

I'm glad you brought up couple of the key issues that I would like to open a little bit more.

1. the renovation. We have renovated over 70 rooms and bathrooms during last couple of years and I'm proud to say it's ready in next two weeks. I hope there was not too much inconvenience for you. We have put lot of effort that during the update everyone would feel as comfortable as possible.

2. Location. All the key sport venues are very close to us. The Hippos sports arena and the hockey center are about 10 min walking distance and also easy to reach by car too.

I'll send some feedback for the cleaning - the ladies are doing a great job - but we can do better.

Thanks again for the nice review - perhaps we'll meet again here at Alba