Lowest prices for your stay
US$102
US$100
Priceline
US$102
Hotels.comUS$100
TravelocityUS$100
TripadvisorUS$100
All reviews beautiful location rooms are small view of the lake minute walk nice hotel hotel is located free parking excellent breakfast one night stay university city sauna shore
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 November 2019

we stay nearly every year here on our trip to North or South....
- very nice and clean
- rooms bit small
- during last visit some limitations and restricitions due to working and refurbishing
- free parking lot upon request
- very friendly, helpful, multilingual staff
- excellent breakfast with marvellous panoramic view over the lake
= summary: we will come back again

Room tip: roomwith lake panoramic view
Date of stay: February 2019
TommiS270, reception manager at Finlandia Hotel Alba, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2019

Hi ChristianS9055,

Thank you for your views on Finlandia Hotelli Alba
I think I remember you and your annual visits - you have a good perspective for our services.

I really liked the way you calculated the sum - you are always welcome to Hotelli Alba.

Good news - the room renovation is over for now and we have renovated some 70 rooms and bathrooms.
They came out ok actually =) I'm afraid the room sizes did not increase but there is a selection from 11m2 to 28m2 to choose from - we hope there is something for everybody.

Thanks again I certainly hope to see you again next year!

With best regards,

Reviewed 26 September 2019 via mobile

It's convenient smaller hotel, relatively near the Matkakeskus. With heavy or big luggage it's not walkable distance. I loved the staff, they were super nice and helpful! Breakfast was AMAZING , wish I could have eaten more! Room was practical, convenient and modern. Everything was modern and clean at the hotel.
Bring your own pillow though, as they are really slim and only one piece. Women's sauna shift is too early for anyone, which was the inconvenience for me definitely.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Susanna H
Tommi S, reception manager at Finlandia Hotel Alba, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2019

Hi Susanna H
Thank you for your review.
We are so happy that you pointed out the things that we have wanted to upgrade; the breakfast, room cleaning and the customer service with a big smile. Great!

But the pillow thing we need to pursuit next. We have various kinds of pillows and we are happy to change them to a suitable one. So advice for those who read this; you can request a puffy or slim pillow and we'll arrange it. Even after checkin in too.

Sauna - yes I'm afraid we have only one sauna and ladies and gents need take turns - perhaps we can alter the hours... I would like to think so.

Thank you again for your review and hopefully we'll meet again here at Hotelli Alba

Reviewed 25 February 2019 via mobile

A quick one-night stop w/ my wife. Not too far from the city centre. Hipposhalli sporting complex, which was our target, nearby. A plain, clean room, just some dust over bathroom lamps and pipes. Some renovation goin’ on at the time of our visit. Nice restaurant w/ mood lighting, lake/bridge view, good food and service. Outside enough free parking space, off-season at least.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TommiS270, reception manager at Finlandia Hotel Alba, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2019

Dear fitraveler74,
Thanks for the review. We are happy your stay was comfortable and if you were competing in Hipposhalli - we hope there was success too.

I'm glad you brought up couple of the key issues that I would like to open a little bit more.

1. the renovation. We have renovated over 70 rooms and bathrooms during last couple of years and I'm proud to say it's ready in next two weeks. I hope there was not too much inconvenience for you. We have put lot of effort that during the update everyone would feel as comfortable as possible.

2. Location. All the key sport venues are very close to us. The Hippos sports arena and the hockey center are about 10 min walking distance and also easy to reach by car too.

I'll send some feedback for the cleaning - the ladies are doing a great job - but we can do better.

Thanks again for the nice review - perhaps we'll meet again here at Alba

Reviewed 17 February 2019 via mobile

I have been staying in Alba hotel Jyväskylä before, and the place is small and cozy, by the lake, they have a good breakfast and warm and friendly personnel. Rooms are clean and tidy. The center of Jyväskylä is near.
I strongly reccomande it.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Gabriela T,
Thank you for the review.
You stated all the qualities that we want be and try to show to our customer too.

Especially now when the season is changing to spring the walk from Alba to the city via Rantaraitti is quite nice and very easy to manage.

Thank you for your recommendation - we hope to see you soon again!

With best regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located within the main university campus suitable for those on some sort of short business with the university. The building and facilities are relatively old, but they serve quite well. The staff is quite helpful and friendly. The hotel also offers free car park to the guests. You can have your car parked there eveb for some extra hours after the check out at 12:00.
It takes 12-15 minutes to walk from the hotel to the centre of Jyvaskyla.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank momeeted
TommiS270, reception manager at Finlandia Hotel Alba, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2018

Dear momeeted,
Thank you for your review.
You got it right. We are located right next to the Agora building and 5 min walk from Ruusupuisto. To the actual main campus it takes about 10 minutes to walk. Our biggest customer is Jyväskyä University and it's visiting guests during conferences, workshops and lectures. Because of the close relationship with Jyväskylä Uni we have a very international and interesting atmosphere here at Alba.

We have renovated almost all of our standard rooms during 2017-2018 and more is to come. After the standard rooms are ready - we'll move on to our best rooms - the JrSuites.

Thanks again your informative review,
We hope to see you again here at Hotelli Alba