Lowest prices for your stay
US$123
View deal
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$123
ScandicHotels.comUS$124
Orbitz.com
All reviews spa area great spa bowling alley family room great breakfast possibilities winter closet jyvaskyla
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 April 2022

Nice service, good breakfeast and rustic 70's interior was saddly overrided by the coldness of the room due to lack of central heating, malfunctioning insulation in the windows and balcony door. Even the two existing movable electric heaters, that were found in the room (so this is a known issue for them) didn't fix the issue. We both got a flue from there. Can't recommend the place for this reason of rooms not being suitable for living.

Date of stay: April 2022
Review collected in partnership with Scandic Hotels
Scandic Laajavuori, Guest Services / Front Office at Scandic Laajavuori, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2022

Dear Isolintu,

Thank you for sharing your hotel experience with us, it helps us improve and get even better at what we do. We’re sad to hear that you were not satisfied with the temperature in the room. As your guest experience is really important to us, we’ve already taken the next step forward for trying to resolve the coldness in the room. I am sorry that you got the flue from here.

After all we’re pleased to hear that you liked the service and breakfast and we hope you will stay with us again soon and give us a chance to give you a better hotel stay.

All the best,
Aino at Scandic

Reviewed 6 April 2022

We chose the hotel based on recommendation for families. Our kids are 1,5 and 4 and they totally loved the play rooms (3!), scavenger hunt and spa area. The staff was very helpful and kind. Breakfast was average, no special complaints. Our room was really big (suite) which was excellent with small children. Even though the looks and style of the building are seriously outdated, the activities for kids compensated in a way that we would come again. With just adults, I would maybe choose a more modern hotel. One wish I have for the pool area, some kind of small water slide would be great (there would be space for it in kid's pool).

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Scandic Laajavuori, Guest Services / Front Office at Scandic Laajavuori, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2022

Dear Tarun,

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,
Ansku
Receptionist

Reviewed 10 March 2022 via mobile

Visited 2019 and had sub-par service at Bistro. Now visiting again (I start to wonder why), and the staff forgot our main course. By the time our sign language was noticed, it was already too late to start dining again. Not surprisingly, in an authentic Finnish style, the failure to serve was not compensated in the bill in any way. We are not going to try our luck for the third time. Thanks for an amusing start to our holiday.

Room tip: Avoid Bistro unless you feel extremely lucky.
Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2022

We went for christmas and we were there three days. Place is near nature and that was one reason to choose this place but staff didn't know area very well. Even this was "christmas" at hotel it didn't manage to take us to christmas feeling. Reseption staff was too busy or there were something else going. When we arrive there were some problems with room location and so but they mange it. There were no "christmas" at room, no decoration, no cookies, no nothing for to feel christmas at room. And there were other guests dirt in floor and windows were full of hand marks and so and when I tell this to reception they wasn't even sorry about that. Best part was staff at restaurant, they make you feel wanted and service was excellent even food didn't it. Like there were two different place were you were even we were in same hotel. And those three days I heard other customers complaining about cleaning whiteout any reaction at reception. When I went to see spa there were also some problems, two saunas was out of order and there were only one traditional sauna left to use. Any on there complaining reception was not sorry at all in any point. If you are at Jyväskylä or making trip there, there are many better hotel at that region.

Date of stay: December 2021
Scandic Laajavuori, Guest Services / Front Office at Scandic Laajavuori, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2022

Dear Pathfinder655222

Thank you for you stay at Scandic Laajavuori and thank you for taking the time to leave us your important feedback about our service.

This is very valuable for us and will give me a big reason to have a serious staff meeting regarding these issues and feedbacks regarding our reception staff reactions. This makes me so sad as the service is always so caring and the most important thing in our hotel so there is a lot to discuss with my team.

Without your feedback I wouldn't have this information so I am forever grateful for you for giving this information to me and at the same time deeply sorry what you have been going through. I hope you can send me email so I can make up your spoiled Christmas feeling in our hotel.

I hope you will give us another change and will come again to Scandic Laajavuori. That would mean so much to our whole team in the hotel.

Have a wonderful and better year 2022 and once again thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Aino Heikkilä / Head Concierge
aino.heikkila@scandichotels.com

Reviewed 8 January 2022

Beautiful spa, great breakfast and delicious meals of an evening, friendly service.
Lots to do for families, bowling hall, play rooms for smaller children with a bouncy castle.
We had a lovely time and felt very welcome.

Date of stay: January 2022
Review collected in partnership with Scandic Hotels
1  Thank Vantaalainen81
Scandic Laajavuori, Guest Services / Front Office at Scandic Laajavuori, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2022

Dear Vantaalainen81,

Thank you for sharing your experience about staying with us! We are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed all the services our hotel has to offer and that our staff have made you feel welcome. Hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,