Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$123
PricelineUS$123
Hotels.comUS$122
ScandicHotels.comUS$124
TripadvisorUS$123
Agoda.comUS$125
All reviews spa area great spa bowling alley family room great breakfast possibilities winter closet jyvaskyla
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 December 2020 via mobile

Spent a night in hotel. Arrived after skiing in Laajavuori ski resort. Great location next to the Laajavuori. Nice clean room for couples, wintery view from
the window towards parking lot but cars were no issue coz the snowy treeline dominates. Minibar had nice selection of goodies. Spa (included in the price) was top of its class in Finland. Place look and feel is quite close to spa in Levi/Lapland. Hotel also has great range of other services, such as hairdresser, bowling alley and a conference center. Restaurant is huge considering the amount of people staying. Food was ok (nothing fancy) and the service was good. Hotel architecture seems to be from the 70’s, which may scare off some peeps, but the overall feel of the interior design is not too outdated.

Overall, very good experience. Laajavuori offers great bang for the buck, being one of the cheapest spa-accommodations in Finland.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2020

We stayed here one night and I have to say I expect much more for the price. There were few good things but unfortunately I have to say the overall experience wasn't too good. It was the father's Day and I wanted to surprise my husband by bringing him and our kids to this supposedly nice hotel with a spa and different activities for the children. We planned to eat at the restaurant and go bowling but as we arrived, we were told that the restaurant was closed that night,they had only lunch and after that it went closed. Unfortunately, also the bar was closed so the only eating options was some chips or small snacks from the reception. This was the first disappointment. Then we noticed that also the indoor play area of the kids was closed (due to covid restrictions). I wonder why it is possible to keep open those kind of places in other places by sanitizing them but ok. The room was another disappointment. The room was clearly old and out dated and very hot. There was a lot of flies, alive and dead ones too. Also the room was not too clean and there was a broken lamp and under the sofa our kids found some part of some furniture which for sure wasn't supposed to be there! Ok, we decided to go to the spa (bowling was closed at 15 o'clock which is the time you can check in). The spa itself was fine but I'm truly amazed that even the sandals weren't included to the price but I had to pay extra 10€ from two pairs of slippers. All in all, the only good things were the spa and at least the breakfast was ok.
I did ask from the reception about the flies in our room but I was told that problem is in other rooms as well so that doesn't sound very good.
It's a shame because this hotel would have a lot of potential but it seems like nobody cares anymore...

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2020 via mobile

Hotel and room were clean and tidy but a bit out-dated. For one night stay, perfect and price-worthy. Visited the spa as well, nice suprise. And restaurant served lovely dinner. Service was good and friendly.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Scandic Laajavuori, Guest Services / Front Office at Scandic Laajavuori, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2020

Hi, Thank you for your visit and for your review. Good to hear that spa was a nice surprise. I hope to see you here soon again! Kind regards, Johanna from the reception

Reviewed 22 September 2020

If you're looking for a place to spend a night or a weekend with your kids, this might be it. Plenty of stuff to do, the spa area is built for kids and really child-friendly all the way. As a solo business traveler this was perhaps the wrong choice. Pros and cons:

+ Plenty of free parking. This was my main criteria and they certainly deliver on that front.
+ Staff super friendly
+ Location is awesome for jogs and outdoor activities
+ Gym

- Room 408 was hot as hell, even though it's quite cold outside
- There is some sort of airco in the room but it's so loud that you would rather turn it off (but you can't?)
- Room wasn't that clean. Not dirty per se but not spotless by any measure.
- Not really that quiet.
- Everything is pretty dated - I can only imagine this place was awesome 20 years ago

Room tip: Don't choose 408
Date of stay: August 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Scandic Laajavuori, Guest Services / Front Office at Scandic Laajavuori, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2020

Hi, thank you for your visit and for your very detailed review. It seems that you found many good things in Laajavuori and it makes me extra happy to have 5 stars on service. On the other hand, not all was well during your stay. We can not fix everything right away (air-con for example) but the room should be tidy and spotless, cleanliness is definately something we can do better. See you next time, I hope! Best regards, Johanna

Reviewed 7 September 2020

I booked room with a view (355) and with king size bed. When arriving they say that you can’t have both. I choosed the view and did not get it either even I payed from it old room, dirty walls discusting balcony and only trees outside of the window

Date of stay: August 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Scandic Hotels
Scandic Laajavuori, Guest Services / Front Office at Scandic Laajavuori, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2020

Hello Dani

We're sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at our hotel. We apologize that we couldn't accommodate you to a room with your requirements, we know we should've given you a room with a proper view. It was a regrettable mistake on our part. We still hope you found some positive aspects on your visit and that you consider visiting us another time.

Yours