Lowest prices for your stay
US$101
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews rooms are small recommend this hotel kitchenette products floor beds
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2020

Location is not far from main stations. I think we had to lift our baby carriage on the steps but there weren't so many of them.

After check-in there was free coffee and bisquits in the lobby! We took them into our room which was clean, with new furnitures. Their rooms are always for three, so there's no need for a pack'n'play, because you can put your baby into third bed.

There was a little kitchenette so you can buy from a supermarket something little and eat in your room. That's why we didn't buy breakfast so we can't say anything about it.

This hotel (chain) is really green, so they have plenty of different carbage cans where you can sort your rubbishes. We can recommend this hotel for everybody but especially for those, who are interested about sustainable things.

Room tip: There are three beds in every room
Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 29 January 2020

Greenstar hotel is a newish budget hotel close to Jyväskylä center. This is a no frills hotel that provides very basic rooms (bed and bathroom). For business trips this is not an ideal option since the rooms are small and there are no desks in the room. The rooms is lacking attention to the details: the bathroom is approxim. 15 cm higher than the rest of the room and there is no floor heating. The curtains are too small to fully cover the window. The water pressure is too low in the shower. The breakfast is very basic but luckily focuses on quality instead of quantity of the products. Service was smooth at the reception and the price is low providing fairly good price-value.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 18 January 2020

WHEELCHAIR ACCESS - YES
Carparking - tight and beware low ceilings if you have a thule roof-container. €8 per 24 hours.
Location - 5 minutes walk from train station, coach station, city-centre and Paviljonki. 10-15 minutes walk from AGORA and University main building.

Environmentally and child-friendly
Sleep quality ..... superb
Each accommodation floor, reached via either stairs or lift and both secured by key-card access locks, comprises 30 rooms, and 2 kitchenettes (microwave, mugs, cutlery, plates & secure refrigerated food compartments in industrial size fridges).
All rooms are family 3-people rooms - 3rd bed is fold-down at the feet of the other two singles, which looks to be a tight squeeze.
All rooms are equipped with 3 coffee mugs and a kettle. Guests are expected to provide their own beverage materials.
Beverages ... free all you can drink 06.00-21.00 brewed ground coffee and Teeleidi teas.
Breakfast ... €8 all you can eat basic but healthy choices

Date of stay: October 2019
3  Thank Derettens O
Reviewed 12 December 2019

The hotel was recommended by my business host. I arrived at the hotel around 9.30 pm, and there was not a soul around. There was a check-in screen in an unlocked portion of the lobby, in a kind of entryway. I could see the hotel reception and lobby through a glass wall, but there was no way to get in. No phone, no buzzer, nothing. I tried knocking, but no one answered.

There was a touchscreen for self check-in in the little entryway. I entered the numbers from my verification (via booking.com), but the numbers did not work. The screen said there was no such booking, yet there was the booking confirmation in my own two hands. It was definitely correct. I tried to phone the "emergency help" number, but my phone (which is Finnish, by the way, not even on international roaming) did not work in the hotel. So, double no reception: no reception at the hotel, no reception on my phone. I tried to call or check in on-line for about 45 minutes, the whole time feeling extremely lucky that, as a single woman, I was trying to check into a sleepy town in Finland, and not a more dangerous location. Finally, I left my luggage behind and stepped into the middle of the street, where I was finally able to get my phone to work. I managed to reach a woman, who by the way did not seem too happy to hear from me (to be fair, I was not too happy to have to call her, either). Maybe she was at the gym or her kid's Christmas program or something. It was definitely not a cheery phone call. She gave me a new pin number, since, for some mysterious reason, the one I had simply did not work. I was finally able to check in on the touch screen. The hotel was empty, cavernous and dark. The lights were out, there was no one around, and, frankly, it was rather creepy.
The room was nothing special. No coffee or tea in the room, just a kettle and cups, which is quite unusual for Scandinavian hotel rooms. There were sparse drapes that did not quite cover up the windows. The bed was small but comfortable.
I will try my hardest to never stay at another hotel with a self check-in service. I learned from this experience that I want someone to greet me. I want someone to hand me my room key. I don't mind paying extra for a few perks. Not only that, but, even though I finally made it into my room, what if I had not been able to reach someone over the phone? What would I have done? This is not a risk I am willing to take again.
Incidentally, when I left the next morning, a bit past 7 am, there was still no one at reception. I never saw anyone working at the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank Elizabeth P
Reviewed 18 November 2019

It is hard to believe that this is a 3 stars hotel. New, clean, in its own way stylish, it is a place where it is difficult to feel at ease. The rooms are minuscule, and even worse is the bathroom where you literally cannot move. No way to place a beauty case near the sink, you have to keep it in the room. They call it a triple bedroom but the reality is that the space is good enough for one person not more. Only 3 small clothes hangers...No place for luggage, no way to switch the central light on/off from the bed.The staff is nice and polite but lack of experience and knows little about the city. If you ask where to find a good sauna (in Jyvaskyla, the capital of sauna!!!!) they say they do not know: ".there 'should' be a good one... but I have never been there". If you arrive after 8pm (a most common flight lands in the night!) you have to do your own check in, understanding the system and managing cards and codes when you are maybe exhausted. And do not count on room cleaning during the WE...it only happens during the week days not on Sunday!
This hotel may be good for students, however, for professionals with demanding agendas arriving in Jyvaskyla after a long journey it is unpleasant, particularly considering its price:100 eu B&B!

Room tip: rooms are all identical and minuscule
Date of stay: November 2019