eDreams
Priceline
FindHotel
Etrip
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 November 2018

A decent-sized single room with a TV. Otherwise clean and neat except the previous person's leftovers were still in the trash bin, I guess forgotten to empty. Great location.
No kettle or mini bar in the room.
Breakfast quite spartan but sufficient.

Tip: Got a better price from the hotel homepage than from any known booking system.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
hotellimilton, Vastaanottovirkailija at Hotelli Milton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2018

Hi BiancaSerafina, thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you liked the location of our hotel. We deeply apologize for the trash bin in your room! You can always contact the reception in case of any concerns, the reception is open 24/7. We are sorry to hear that you missed a kettle in your room, we would have had those in the reception.
Feedback is very important to us and we are open for suggestions how to improve our service, so thank you. You are warmly welcome again!
Kind regards, Hotel Milton/ Pia

Reviewed 23 January 2018

I particularly like the coziness and friendlyness of the personnel. Quiet and warm place, in the cold January.Very efficient and flexible in providing early breakfast and calling taxi for airport. Who said Fins are cold people ?..

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I would describe this hotel as a good alternative for the traveler(s) who
isn't planning on spending a great deal of time in the hotel room but still
wants a certain amount of quality. The room that I stayed in (a single
room) felt fresh with a neutral color scheme. The floor, gray hardwood
imitation, looked brand new. The room had a bed, which did its job, a small
table and a small desk plus two chairs. The bathroom was on the
smaller side, especially the space reserved for the toilet and the sink
(they're really close to each other and a bigger person might find it
problematic). You are able to see some minor wear and tear in the hotel
(which has been in the same place and building since the 1960's) and in
your room, but it's nothing serious and something you can expect to find in
a hotel of this price range. I, as a taller person, noticed
that there was a notable amount of dust on top of the light above the
bathroom mirror. I also found a long hair on top of the soap dispenser
in the shower. And I do have to give the hotel an additional minus for the light stains that I found on the pillowcase, which was new/washed, but I guess the stains were of a type that doesn't get removed in normal wash. The staff at the front desk is very friendly and willing to help you. The breakfast selection is on the scarcer side. The location is superb, possibly the hotel's greatest asset, close to the bus/train station, city center (the pedestrian and shopping street) and the fair center (Paviljonki). The University of Jyväskylä campus is just a short walk away (except the Agora/Mattilanniemi campus area, which is located a bit further away from the old campus area).

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2017

I stayed in Hotel Milton for 1 week last month during a training week in Jyväskylä University. Basically the hotel provided everything I needed, the staffs were friendly and the hotel itself is very centrally located, around 200m to the station.

The building was however quite old and probably need some renovation, and the room was very clairvoyance so that I can hear the room neighbor when he was phoning. Also, because there was no air conditioning, the room was slightly overheated, particularly when the sunshine is coming in. There was no fridge in the room as well so I couldn't store cold beverages. The breakfast was OK, not too rich and they only offer continental breakfast but that was fine to me. It is a little bit unfortunate that the hotel doesn't have self-service laundry. Given the price I paid that was around 80 EUR per night, I might consider another option if I have.

But all in all, I am not disappointed with the stay.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 2 September 2017

This is an affordable budget 3 star hotel. It is probably more appropriated to people going to Jyvaskyla on business trips than for vacations. It is wonderfully located, close to the train station and the center of the city. The rooms are small, but they are clean and the hotel is quiet. I slept really well and felt relaxed in the room. The bathroom may not be large, but it has all the needed utilities. The hall of the hotel is a good place to meet people, and the staff is smiley and nice but - perhaps due to language issues - not always tremendously helpful. the breakfast is nothing of exciting, but still quite good.

Date of stay: August 2017