“Delicious pho soup”
Review of No. 5 Coffee

No. 5 Coffee
Ranked #329 of 1,774 Restaurants in Helsinki
Reviewed 27 January 2017

At lunchtime the small place is packed with people. The place isn't actually a cafe, but a Vietnamese restaurant. The pho with chicken was really good. We shall definitely visit this place again.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Dear food lovers,

How would you feel or express the feeling of " Eureka! I finally found what I'd been looking for"?This happened to me as I found " Bánh Tráng Cuốn" here, in this No.5.
All food I tried (many times) were good, Phở, Nem, Bún Bò Nam Bộ etc, but " Bánh Tráng Cuốn" (No.3 ?) is still my most favorite. All ingredients are fresh and cooked with care.
Vegetarians have tofu and eggs here, either as "Bánh Tráng Cuốn"- delicious or stir fried with rice- tasty.
Several western-like dishes, eg Salads (and something else which I did not pay attention, sorry).
Home mad white bread, café, tea included.
Prices are affordable ( for a local) 9.50-12€
I should also mention another fact that nicely completes my "food time" here: cozy atmosphere. I do enjoy how the owners/chefs smile and say hello and thank you to their food fanatics; I like to watch the chef wrap and roll Bánh Tráng Cuốn.
Keep in mind: it's alway super crowded from 11-13:00 So if you are not "dying" in hunger you should come after this busy time.
Good food, lovely people, pleasant atmosphere, ideal location, affordable prices. What else do you ask for?

1  Thank Nguyen T
Reviewed 22 July 2016

I'm happy to have found this place, since the food here reminded me of the food I had in northern Vietnam last time I visited. The family who owns this place is very friendly and makes delicious food.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Pho is a good idea for lunch. Theirs was a large bowl full of flavours, just enough seasoning to give you a hot kick but not overwhelmed by it. Friendly staff, reasonable prices. What more do you need?

Reviewed 6 September 2015

No. 5 Coffee is a great addition to Helsinki's rapidly diversifying food scene. Before it opened it was near impossible to find good Pho in town. This little spot offers very good noodle soups at a reasonable price for Helsinki standards (about 10EU). They are only open during the week from 10am-5pm but if you find yourself in Kruununhaka during the week with a hunger in your belly this place is absolutely worth a visit.

The only negative I can say (which isn't necessarily a negative) is that they try to ride the line between cafe and vietnamese restaurant, instead of just fully committing to being the best vietnamese in town. The name for example gives no indication that this place is any different than the other 4 billion wonderful cafe's in Helsinki. But it is! Sure you can get coffee, some warm bread and salads at lunch but the draw is the Vietnamese food.

I genuinely hope more people discover this place because Its one of the few places in town that you can get really tasty food at a reasonable price. Please try this place out for yourself and make sure it doesn't disappear.