“Lights and shadows.”

Cuisines: Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vironniemi
Description: Located by the Market Square in Helsinki, Olo is known for its cuisine created by Tuomas Vierelä and its friendly service. This beautiful restaurant is in a building with a history of more than 200 years. Olo creates insightful taste sensations from Scandinavian ingredients and has been Michelin-starred since 2011. Everything at Olo reflects joy and an uncompromising passion for creating unique experiences – it’s no wonder that Olo’s dinner menu is a must among fans of good food. Garden by Olo serves marvellous taste sensations for groups by reservation. We welcome you to enjoy memorable experiences!
Reviewed 7 April 2024

The staff is extremely kind and welcoming. The decor is modern with designer lamps. Dinner is set menu, but they are willing to make some modifications upon request. The appetizers and dessert were truly delicious, but the two main courses were unbalanced in flavor, overly salty. Excellent wine cellar.

Date of visit: April 2024

Reviewed 21 January 2024

We had the mid-winter menu. My king crab dish (a smooth pudding-type starter) had huge a piece of hard crab shell in it that I had to dig out of my mouth. I got an apology. Fine, but a Michelin-star restaurant should hold itself to a higher standard and offer maybe a small discount on the final bill or a glass of wine on the house after such an amateurish – and honestly a potentially dangerous – mistake. But no compensation, not even a symbolic one, was offered. This was our third time in Olo and every time they underachieve.

Date of visit: January 2024
Katja Henttunen, Owner at Olo Ravintola, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2024

Dear Maikki,

Thank you for your feedback. I do agree, that mistakes should not happen on our level. I sincerely apologize for the unforgivable, yet humane error. Luckily you didn't hurt yourself. I have gone over your feedback with the staff, and we'll do everything in our power to prevent this kind of events in the future.

I would really appreciate, if you could contact me personally (katja.henttunen(at)olo-ravintola.fi). You're mentioning previous disappointments, and I would love to hear about those. We want to improve ourselves every way possible.

Have a lovely winter,
br Katja Henttunen, restaurateur

Reviewed 11 January 2024

Simply amazing. The warmth and kindness that you meet at the door continues all night. Gentle smiles quiet laughter. The food is just stunning. From the gift from the chef to start which was a highlight to the deserts (s). Just delicious sublime. I would point out what each was and why it was so stunning. But the 5 courses are a surprise. So I explore you go to dinner with Michael and the team. The matching wines were just perfect. A wonderful experience that I hope to repeat. Regards Robert

1  Thank robertsO3888FX
Reviewed 5 January 2024 via mobile

Not much to say. Michelin star restaurant. Very high level food and wine, very high level service, great atmosphere, great location. You must experience this one. Highly recommended !!!

Reviewed 22 December 2023 via mobile

Olo has world class service and ambiance. The wine sommelier was very knowledgeable and the pairings were perfect for the meal.

Date of visit: December 2023